Wyndham Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

LLAKER

I have a ton of Wyndham points and was hoping to cash them in for a couple nights post cruise in March. Problem is that I am having a hard time finding a Wyndham hotel in a decent location in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't need anything fancy, as long as it is clean, but I would like to be somewhere I could spend a couple days without a car... within walking distance to the water taxi or beach or boardwalks... something like that. Does anyone out there have any advice to offer? Thanks :)

I have a ton of Wyndham points and was hoping to cash them in for a couple nights post cruise in March. Problem is that I am having a hard time finding a Wyndham hotel in a decent location in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't need anything fancy, as long as it is clean, but I would like to be somewhere I could spend a couple days without a car... within walking distance to the water taxi or beach or boardwalks... something like that. Does anyone out there have any advice to offer? Thanks :)

The only Wyndham properties I know of near Port Everglades or FLL are low end properties like Ramada, Super 8, Days Inn and Knights Inn. I'm not saying these are bad hotels, I'm just sayin' they ain't the Hilton Marina on 17th Street.

If you want to use your Wyndham points you aren't going to get by without a car because you will be nowhere near the beach, Water Taxi or many restaurants for that matter. The best option I can think of would be the Ramada Inn in Downtown Hollywood. While you can walk to dozens and dozens of restaurants of all genres and kinds, you will not be near the beach or Water Taxi.

I did forget about one property, Travel Lodge Ft Lauderdale Beach.

It's a bit north of FLL and Port Everglades, but it's located on North Ocean Blvd (A1A) across the road from the properties that are on the beach side of A1A.

You can catch the Water Taxi at the northernmost last stop (#12) at Bokamper's Sports Bar & Grill (great place) which is slightly over one mile from the Travel Lodge.

I estimate taxi fare to the Travel Lodge to be about $35-$40 each way, so you might reconsider having a rental car if it's possible.

Thanks so much for your help Lido Deck. I hadn't even considered the Ramada Hollywood, but after your suggestion I did some checking and really like the area. And with the arts park and trolley to the beach I think it will be a nice fit for us. The hotel is a little less than I'd hoped for, but I think the area will make up for it (fingers crossed!). Thanks again :)

Thanks so much for your help Lido Deck. I hadn't even considered the Ramada Hollywood, but after your suggestion I did some checking and really like the area. And with the arts park and trolley to the beach I think it will be a nice fit for us. The hotel is a little less than I'd hoped for, but I think the area will make up for it (fingers crossed!). Thanks again :)

I've never been in one of their rooms, but the hotel is interesting, very unusual and not a normal Ramada Inn. Downtown Hollywood is overlooked by everyone here on Cruise Critic even though it is very charming with literally dozens of restaurants of almost every genre you can think of in just a two block area.

You're probably not going to be there on Monday night, but they usually have 35-40 food trucks set up at nearby Young Circle and it's quite the family friendly event.

Once you take the trolley over to the beach you can catch the Hollywood Water Taxi at Five O'Clock Somewhere across A1A from Margaritaville. From there you can go north, through Port Everglades and transfer to the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi underneath the 17th Street Causeway (in front of Hilton Marina) using the same ticket.

Edited by Lido_Deck