Parking at N.O. hotels

Nadersmom

We have always stayed at the Drury Inn when we've come to N.O. for a cruise. We love it. My party flies in and takes a cab but there the other party that cruises with drives from out of state and parks at the garage during the cruise.

We've always walked down to the restaurants and Bourbon Street, ect from the Drury in Poydras. a bit of a trek but certainly not awful. But its always been in November so its cooler. This year it will be in July so I'm assuming it would be a much hotter and stickier of a walk. I thought about checking into hotels that are closer to the restaurants ect. Whats the best way to find out which hotels will have parking for the other group with us? Or do all hotels have free parking while you stay there?

Usually paid around 120/night at Drury. So looking for hotels in that same range or a little cheaper.

Well as I live near by here is my advice. Have them come in and park at a lot that will keep their car from time they get their to after cruise and stay at Drury Inn. Need help with a lot to do this I can help. St. Charles Ave is just a block from the Drury Inn. Catch the street car to go where you want to go, very cheap, little walking. And here is another idea, if you never have instead of going to the French Quarter catch the street car in the other direction and ride to the end of St. Charles for a good time. Several great restaurants on St. Charles from the far end back to Canal St. , Superior Grill(frozen margarita), Superior Seafood, Vincents, Blind Pelican(also a great pub), Herb Saint, Desi Vegas(superb high end steak house), and even more.

Thanks so much for the info!! We've only ever dined down in the quarter. Acme Oyster, the other one across the street. tried not to venture too much further down in the evening becuase we have kids along.

One year we took the streetcar and went ot Katies. That was really good. But I like the thought of trying the other direction. Are the restaurants you've listed kid friendly?

Thanks so much for the info!! We've only ever dined down in the quarter. Acme Oyster, the other one across the street. tried not to venture too much further down in the evening becuase we have kids along.

One year we took the streetcar and went ot Katies. That was really good. But I like the thought of trying the other direction. Are the restaurants you've listed kid friendly?

Superior Grill or Superior Seafood would certainly be and has outside with a view or patio.

Rest are bit more upscale