What time can we get off QM2

thieftaker

Hi Folks,

We are on the Southampton to New York crossing on 20/11/5.

We have looked at self-help for getting off the ship, I understand the ship docks at about 7.30 am, what time can we realisitcally expect to get off.

Also are the boarding times in Southampton enforced as we have some time to kill and were hoping to get onboard early to explore.

I need to know as I am trying to book a car to the airport.

Thanks

Dave :)

Welcome to CC thieftaker!

We are also on this crossing.

As this is our first time on the QM2 I too would like to know the answer to this - every time I've been to NY on the QE2 we were able to get of the ship by about 9:00am using self-help disembarkation - though I think I've read that US immigration now takes a bit longer. I'm banking on being away by 10:00am.

There are a few of us planning to meet up in the Chart Room at 6:00pm on Monday for a get together - please join us!

we were on the 26 October crossing. We embarked immediately on arriving at Southampton around midday ( we had an embarkation time of 3pm!) with no problem. there was a queue but it moved quickly and the check in was done in around 20 minutes.

we also did self disembark in NY and were through immigration and customs by around 8am. you should note that quite a few people do self disembark and it would be good to get to the head of the queue on the QM2 to get yourself going quickly if you only have the one day in NY. the queue started by the chart room bar on deck 3 and snaked all the way back thru the restaurant.

have a fantastic crossing - we had the time of our lives!!

Roz

We were on QM2 in Apr 05. Self disembarkation was at around 0745. Try to be at the front of the queue to leave as the US Immigration people can be slow to set up and you will want to be through quickly. Go to the taxi area and get a ticket for your position in the taxi queue.

We were due to embark Southampton 1230 but arrived about 1130 - no problem. Get there about 1200 and you should be on soon after boarding starts and then you can have lunch and relax before departure at around 1700.

Make sure you are out of bed early (around 0500) for New York arrival so that you can experience going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and going past the Statue of Liberty and see the Manhattan Sky Line in the dark. We were lucky to have a full moon !

Have a great crossing and enjoy everything.

Archived