Lima Tour en route to Airport

Classiccruiser777

Our experience may not be helpful for a few reasons but we DID do a private city tour from our Lima hotel to the SHIP a couple of years ago. Another reason our experience might not be pertinent is that we were finishing up a DIY six-day tour to Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley, so the tour was included on our way to the ship.

For people boarding the ship in Lima I DO recommend going to the ship privately because there was a huge line of people standing with their luggage waiting to board ... our driver just drove us up to the check-in spot. That alone would have been worth the cost of the tour!

Mura

We have used Integrity Tourism & Transportation on 2 separate trips in 2014. The first time was after an Oceania Easter Island cruise, and we did a tour with 4 other couples and then were dropped at the airport for late flights home.

The second time we used them more for transportation rather than a tour.

Lisa & Eddy Koplin. She is American and Eddy is from Lima. USA Direct Line (585) 861-3106

koplinfamilia@gmail.com

They are terrific and I highly recommend them. Susan

It is necessary to get a shuttle (Oceania provided) to get through the port to the gate to meet them. It takes a while (long lines to get on the bus and out of the port).

You need a tour and a day room at the airport. Lima is pretty gritty and you don't want to wander around on your own.

Last year we had arranged for Haku tours to pick us up, tour the old city then take us to the airport. We also had a room booked at the Wyndham airport. Our flight was after 11pm.

Long story short we arrived in Lima a day early. We stayed on Marina until 7:30 pm, after dinner Haku picked us up for the airport transfer. We canceled the day tour and the Wyndham hotel room.

Oceania will offer a version of this and I believe they take you to the Marriott Miraflores. I read complaints about this, too many people were put in a smallish conference room.

The Lima Tour was interesting, Convent of San Francisco, tour of Convent and catacombs, then on to the main square, followed by a gourmet lunch. A ceviche demonstration and than a buffet of Peruvian dishes that were fabulous. We also had a guided tour of the Pachacamac ruins and followed by a visit to the Inca Market and the Larco Museum. On to the airport to collapse in the lounge and sleep on the plane.

On the second trip, we were in Lima overnight. We went to the Larco Museum for lunch and a private tour of the museum. Then to dinner and the airport.

I felt we did too much on the first trip (It was organized by one of the other couples). Recommend you see the city in the morning and go to the Larco after lunch.