Pink Boa Cruisers

When I went on Freedom for my first cruise in 2014, there were a friendly group of CCers who wore either pink boas or fedoras at sail-away. I even bought a boa so I would be recognized.

Is this specific to Freedom? Do other ships do anything similar?

Just curious.

When I went on Freedom for my first cruise in 2014, there were a friendly group of CCers who wore either pink boas or fedoras at sail-away. I even bought a boa so I would be recognized.

Just curious.

Hello Carol ~ I am sure I knew a few of those Pink Boa Cruisers on that sailing of Freedom. :)

To answer your question no it is not specific to that ship but mostly Royal Caribbean. Often if there is a PTZtv webcam at the port the cam operators will zoom in on us at sail away so we can wave to family and friends.

We do have a thread located here for any questions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51605585#post51605585

Thanks for asking and hope you will partake in the tradition and have fun with those feathers and friends. :)

Just curious.

This group started on the inaugural sailing of the Freedom back in 2006. It has spread to other ships thanks to the efforts and enthusiasm of one of the founders.....Emmy!

Hello Carol ~ I am sure I knew a few of those Pink Boa Cruisers on that sailing of Freedom. :)

To answer your question no it is not specific to that ship but mostly Royal Caribbean. Often if there is a PTZtv webcam at the port the cam operators will zoom in on us at sail away so we can wave to family and friends.

We do have a thread located here for any questions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51605585#post51605585

Thanks for asking and hope you will partake in the tradition and have fun with those feathers and friends. :)

Emmy....do you still have a copy of the newspaper article from back then? (Miami Herald?)

Edited by skiiergirl

Emmy....do you still have a copy of the newspaper article from back then? (Miami Herald?)

I am sure I have the copy somewhere :) Here is a photo of that day we did the interview with Jane Wooldridge

Hope you are well and still cruising I am sure :)

13706950163_fdace45025_z.jpg