Not so much sunshine on the Sunshine 1/13

topofE

Great review so far. We're on the Sunshine in May (aft balcony deck 5) and I really can't wait. The Sunshine has been on my wish list for a while now.

One tip if you don't like warm cans of soda and can't stop for soda before boarding -

The funshops online sell soda for $10 for a 6 pack. Yes it's expensive but for the cost of your soda package ($6.50 a day x 5 days + gratuity), you can get 24 cans of soda delivered to your cabin to keep in the fridge. Which is almost 5 cans per day.

For us, it works out better than the soda package on Carnival (and we've tried to haul soda on board, and I won't be doing that again).

You will love deck 5. Best deck of any ship we have been on. Close to all the eating venues. We love coming out to Ocean Plaza for breakfast every morning. So quiet there. Up the elevators to Marketplace and if you are assigned to the Sunrise Dining Room, just down one or 2 decks.

Up at the buffet area. They don't do eggs Benedict or poached eggs in the buffet and the eggs were going into a single bowl which means they weren't meant for individual cooking. So either scrambled eggs or omelet s.

I see eggs Benedict all the time on the buffet. I've have a poached egg made for me too.