Radiance - Hawaii

GMC

I am booked on the Radiance to Hawaii in May. We have a aft cabin which will be our first. Is a aft cabin a good idea? Is TWO weeks TOO long? We will be on deck 7, #7176.

Any and all thoughts would/will be appreciated.

Thanks to all!

Hi, my hubby and I are booked on the same cruise as well. I think 2 weeks is going to be great! I plan on doing a lot of relaxing and reading in the solarium on the many sea days that we have. It also leaves plenty of time to explore and enjoy the ship as well. We've only taken one prior cruise (a 7 day on the Mariner), and my only complaint about it was that I never had time to see and do everything on the ship that I wanted to.

We booked an aft cabin as well. We're a couple of decks above you, in # 9258. I've never had an aft either, but everyone seems to love them. It seems like the aft, and the hump/bump cabins are favorites of many people. The afts have much larger balconies, according to several posts that I've read here on CC. I'm looking forward to enjoying some room service breakfasts out there. :)

We have a very active roll call thread that's been going on since late May (when the booking for this cruise first opened up). Please come over and join us, and introduce yourself to the group. :) The thread is located at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5120940#post5120940

Sherry is right on all accounts. Two weeks is just perfect for getting relaxed and sea days are wonderful things to be treasured. Come join the Pineapple Express roll call. We are a fun group and have lot of exerienced cruisers to answer all your questions.

Hello, we are on the Radiance in May as well. I've always wanted to see Hawaii, but never wanted to fly there - Maine to California is enough for us.

We just returned from the Jewel 10-night Boston to the Caribbean and back - 10 days was wonderful - have also sailed 8 nights and a few 7nights so we are looking forward to 14 nights as well.

I wanted an aft cabin but have always wondered about movement and bouncing around and have always booked balconies accordingly. On our trip from Boston we hit very rough seas for a day and a half. We were not bothered BUT - most in the aft and very front of the ship were. Friends had an oceanview down and front and they were miserable as the seas were at about 38 ft and the wind at times hit 80mph. When you went aft even walking around was difficicult. Our meet and mingle, which had more than 60 folks registered only had about 20-25 attendees - upon return we found out that most were sick in their cabins. Also for the captains party we were in the lounge area to the aft - some folks had to leave the party because they were not seasick until they went to the aft for the party.

Sailing from San Diego to Hawaii could also put us in rough seas for a day or so and with that in mind I choose to stay away from the aft. I am so grateful now that I did having experienced the josseling around one can get from rough seas. Bigger balconies won't cut it for me if I end up sick and with so many sea days I want to enjoy every minute.

We too are on this cruise. Two weeks is not too long ... actually its perfect as it gives you enough time to enjoy the ship and also time to relax especially with all those sea days. We just came back from a back to back Med cruise and after 24 days we were ready to get off the ship.

We cruised to Hawaii from Vancouver once before and the sea days were wonderful. This should be much better as there will be sea days going over and coming back.

As far as cabins we never had an aft so I can't say. We usually book our cabins midship with a balcony.

We cruised Hawaii on the Legend in 2004 and it was a 11 day cruise and we really enjoyed it. Thought it would be a little long especially being on the seas to Ensenada but it was a wonderful cruise and we have an aft cabin on the very back and it was great sitting out there at night while cruising listening to the whales "blow" and seeing the lava flow on the Big Island. Once you have taken a longer cruise, a 7 day doesn't seem very long at all. We had been to Hawaii several years ago but this was best because we got to see all of the islands without flying here and there. It was one of the best cruises and we have been on 14, including Alaska, Panama. Have a great time, you will love it.

We too are on this cruise. Two weeks is not too long ... actually its perfect as it gives you enough time to enjoy the ship and also time to relax especially with all those sea days. We just came back from a back to back Med cruise and after 24 days we were ready to get off the ship.

We cruised to Hawaii from Vancouver once before and the sea days were wonderful. This should be much better as there will be sea days going over and coming back.

As far as cabins we never had an aft so I can't say. We usually book our cabins midship with a balcony.

Hi desertheat...stop over and say 'hi' on our roll call thread for this cruise. We have quite an active thread going. I posted the link above...2nd or 3rd post I believe.

Hi......we are also on this cruise......and we can't wait!!!!

14 days is not too long, I agree with Sherry7, plenty of time to relax, explore and just have a meet new friends! I also have to agree about the AFT having more movement. Our last cruise on the Vision we had an aft and we rocked and rolled most of the time.....call us a bit crazy but we loved it!!! It was the first time in all our cruises we actually had felt movement on any kind!!!

We are so looking foreword to this cruise......14 days and Hawaii.....who could ask for more!!!!!! :D

Archived