Recommendations on laundry

We did B2B in Europe in 2015 and bought a Scrubba laundry bag through Amazon to take with us since my wife has allergies to many detergents and we didn't want to chance the ship's laundry detergent.

We took a small bottle of liquid laundry detergent and were able to do underwear, polo shirts, socks and other clothing items in the Scrubba. It takes a little elbow grease to do it but we were pleased with how well it cleaned the clothes.

The easiest way to put water into it is in the shower using the hand held shower head.

The ship laundry is OK but don't expect your clothes to come back bright white and they actually mixed our laundry with another cabin's clothes.

Checked it out on Amazon and decided on the competition, Laundreez, due to reviews and cost. We always bring a small bottle of detergent for hand washable clothes on longer trips. Getting ready for a 24 night Transpacific so this method sounds easier and more thorough than the sink method I usually employ. Another tip I got from someone, and it works like a dream, is to roll the wet clothes in pool towels and walk on them remove excess water. I bring safety pins to make hanging easier and have 2 inflatable hangers for knits. Things usually dry over night. Thanks for your advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For me, vacation isn't spending time in the sun or at the beach. I could do that any weekend if I wanted. I like to meet local people in the ports/places I visit. A laundromat is an ideal place to do this :)

I also love visiting supermarkets/grocery stores to see what people buy/eat in different places.

These are some of the things that I like on my vacation :)

edit: and when I get home, I always rewash everything we have taken, even if it has been 'cleaned' on board/in a laundry.

My sentiments also!

We did a 14 night last summer. We brought formalwear (cocktail dresses and one long for the girls, guys rented tuxes) and about 5 other dresses. We had no issue re-wearing a casual dress to dinner but I think I only did once as we ate in the WJ a couple nights, JR one night and room service a night. We brought shorts and tshirts and sent those for the wash and fold. The girls washed their delicates in the sink using Tide sink packets and hung them to dry

For an 18 night trip from the US and back we checked one 26" bag, one 24" bag and had 3 19/20" carry-ons plus totes or backpacks. That was 4 of us, 2 adults and 17 + 18 year old teens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not let the ship do my laundry. I never put my clothes in a dryer. We will be gone for 13 nights. I'm bringing 16 dresses, including 2 evening gowns. Eight bathing suits. Six bathing suit covers. Five pairs of capris. Nine tops. Twelve pairs of sandals. Snorkeling gear. Four sun hats. A hair dryer and 3 curling irons. And everything from bath bombs to hair treatments. Of course enough undergarments for two weeks. Two beach bags. We will probably check 3 bags. DH will fit everything he needs in a carry on except his snorkel gear. No need for me to do laundry. I thought about it. But this thread changed my mind.

I second the Scrubba wash bag. I also bought a folding hanger with clips and a magnet with a hook. Put the magnet on the ceiling and hung the laundry hanger up to dry. Worked great.

I never noticed the ceilings being metal. Is that true in the bathroom also? I am buying magnets with hooks today!

Goldgirl12 - Your husband deserves a Medal :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Lol! It's been that way since the Honeymoon [emoji18]. It equals out. He is a light packer, me.... not so much. He always gets his tux from RCI. So that helps.

:) - I wonder how many Husbands (like me) went and gave their Wife's a big Hug and told them "Thank You"

All of this being said to you with a smile --- "You go Girl"

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thirty years together. Traveling several times a year. He probably thinks it's normal [emoji12] I was going to pack lighter and do laundry until I saw this thread. Then I decided not to entrust the ship with my clothes.

Our last cruise was RCI Hawaii to Vancouver. In addition to warning passengers to not take food off the ship, it said Hawaiian health regulations did not permit laundry to be taken off the ship. I've never seen this before so maybe it is just Hawaii.

Sent from my iPad using Forums