luggage labels

gleefull

I am on my first cruise ever on Britannia 10th February. I have just printed my luggage labels and am not impressed. Where its marked staple here do you staple there and then cut off the blank part ~(the tail)?

Worried that paper may get wet, drop off and then how does my case find me and my cabin -- Silly .. but

Cheers

David

Do not cut off the overlap, just tuck it inside as it helps strengthen the tickets. There was also a tip on this website which recommended sellotaping the edges for strength. I have done this every time now except once on a short break and the label came off in the car before we even got to the ship, so it is a good tip.

First make sure you put the labels on the right way. So the label makes a ring. Put at least two labels on each case.

I take it you do not have the booklet with trips in for the cruise as there are card labels in there. You can buy plastic label holders and the folded labels will go in them.

The labels are colour coded which helps your case get to your cabin.

It works.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Many thanks for the kind replies, have now sellotaped several labels so hopefully my case and I will be reunited on the ship. Last question on luggage, I have heard that you put your case out late on your last night, do you see your case again before the uk?

Thanks

David

I bought some clear label holders that are reusable. You fold the label as per the instructions and slide it inside. They have rubber bands that you then wrap round the handle of the cases.

hope i'm allowed to mention the company - Thanet direct.

Or search cruise luggage tag holders UK in google and they come up under Amazon

reasonable in price if you cruise more than once.

as replied to on the last night you are asked to put your case out for collection. We normally do it as we leave to go to dinner. I have seen people put them out after 11pm and they do get collected.

One word of warning DO NOT PACK EVERYTHING IN THE CASES YOU PUT OUT. MAKE SURE TO LEAVE OUT THE NEXT MORNING CLOTHES.

sounds common sense but I have heard stories of some cruisers that packed everything including clothes for the next day. They got up thinking the cases would still be there. But no they then had nothing to wear and had to go to customer services in the room bathrobes. Plus another who was seen walking around with Nothing on in the hope of finding his.

So pack everything else but leave out clothes and a few toilettes for the next day.