Penthouse Deck, Rooms 6135 or 6148 on the Millie, anyone?

MeMe4A&J

Our first Celebrity Cruise! So of course we are full of questions!

We have booked these 2 rooms for the 12 Day Med. Cruise. Would love to know about these rooms and the locations. I have neard several things regarding noise on some of the decks.........how about the Penthouse Deck? Pros and cons of this deck?

What about these rooms........the verandah actually looks larger for 6048 or is that just the picture?

Is booking the CC worth the extra money. 6135 is between 2 suites.......is this a plus or minus?

Also, are the balconies open to above rooms in these particlular rooms?

Thanking you all in advance!!!

You have booked two very nice rooms. Your heading says 6148, but in your post you say 6048. 6048 is a 2C room 6148 is the Penthouse. 6135 is a CC with more amenities, but both have oversize verandas. You did well. :)

Hi, I am green with envy! We were in Stateroom 6135 on the 12 day Med cruise in September and it was wonderful. For us being between the 2 suites was fabulous as both couples were very nice people and we were asked to a pre-dinner drinks party on the last formal night, with a tour of the suite included...wow, when the lottery comes up....!

We loved 6135, our stateroom attendant, Flaudia was superb. The deck area with room for 2 sunbeds and table and chairs meant that 4 of us could sit there with our sushi and a drink and watch the spectacular Santorini sunset.....ahhh bliss.

My mother and aunt were in an ocean view which had much more floor space than our room but our deck area meant that ours was so much better and they were able to 'visit' often. The extras that concierge class included were well worth the extra cost and we would find it difficult now to compromise on either the balcony size or the concierge class.

The upstairs neighbours did overlook about half of our deck area but we were not troubled by noise. You can also get a view of part of the deck areas (even of the suites) from deck 11.

I think that's it, but if you have any other specific questions about 6135 I will be happy to answer them if I can.

Enjoy!

Ann

p.s. Did you know that 6135 has an adjoining door with one of the suites and it is referred to by some as 'the maid's room'?!

Hi,

We have 6048 in about 3 weeks on the 12/10 Constellation. The room is not oversized but the triangular balcony is. If you do a search here, listing the cabin numbers, you will find several posts with some great pics.

we sailed on the mille on 10/25,venice to barcelona in cs 7140.the service was wonderful.however the furniture was well worn and our bathroom facilities required frequent (5 out of 12 days as i recollect) repairs.it can become quite annoying to have to use the public washroom facilities instead of the one in your room.perhaps the visit to dry dock will include replacement of well worn furnishings and the provision of working toilets in the rooms?

We just returned from the Summit where we were lucky to have 6135 (which is identical to the Millennium). It's a fabulous verandah and it is not open to the verandahs above because a canvas cover is over the part that extends out. I also love that you look directly down at the ocean as opposed to having lifeboats beneath you.

It's a very quiet location ... the only drawback is when you visit friends in the Royal Suites ... or see them as you walk by ... you're verrrrry jealous of them.

Also, 6135 is very convenient to the dining room and a quick hop up to the Lido so you can quickly hit the waffle area!

I have pictures. Email me in my signature below if you want me to send them to you or just click on my photo link, go to my Panama Canal pics and you'll find a bunch of the cabin and the verandah. Enjoy!!!!

Archived