Anyone sailed on the Triumph January 21st cruise

Dwtlcambre

Was curious if anyone that sailed on this cruise could help me with some insight. A few friends were on this cruise and it was their first one. I was really excited for them to have a great time. They told me that the weather turned bad and the ports had to be changed to avoid storms. They also said that the ship was rocking so bad that not only the guests but the crew were vomiting everywhere. Said they could not keep drinks in glasses and one said they were tossed around while trying to sleep so bad they had a bruise on their head from hitting the wall. They talked like this was the entire cruise after the ship left the Mississippi river until it returned. Not sure if they over exaggerated or fact, just wondering. Either way it killed their desire to cruise again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I was on this cruise. Yes, the weather was not the best leaving New Orleans or the next day at sea. The ship was rocking, but wasn't that bad. I saw vomit in one place on my floor, but chalked that up to drunk people. I did not see anyone vomiting, guest or crew, did not even see vomit bags that they set out when people are getting sick. As far as sleeping, yes we were rocked to sleep, but not bad enough to hit a wall with their head. All of the bad weather was the first two days, not the whole cruise. I hope they will give cruising another try sometime.

I was on this cruise and didn't see anyone getting sick (or evidence of it). The weather was stormy and the ship rock a bit (we were all the way aft) and I slept through the night. It is sad that your friends were put off of cruising. I hope they give it another go.