Jet skies on HMC?

Katiedid

You won't see many jets in the skies over Half Moon Cay.

They used to have jet skis in the water - but not anymore.

Too many injuries and lawsuits.

They took the aquatrax excursion out of HMC??? Sheesh and that was my favourite excursion too. :(

:mad: If I ever run across a jet ski at HMC it will be the last time I go. These machines are a blight on humanity! Worse than carpet cleaners phoning at dinner time. Worse than mosquitos buzzing around your ear. Worse than fingernails on a chalk board.

If you want jet skis, go somewhere where they won't bother people who are there to enjoy the peace and tranquility.

There's my rant of the day. HMC is not an appropriate place for jet skis. Have a good trip and enjoy all the other amenities while you're there. :)

Can any one tell me if they have jet skies on the island. I did see one thing in the shore excursions that had them but you had to take a guided tour which we are not interested in.

The Aqua Trax is still a shore excursion, but it is in the lagoon, separate from the main beach. No separate jet skis (well, they are wave runners, not jet skis) are available for rent. My husband and I did this last Friday when we were on the Westerdam.

If you want an adrenaline rush, this is the most adventurous shore excursion I've EVER done with a cruise line (and I am very active and accustomed to water sports). This excursion hauls at up to 45mph through the lagoon and into the sea for a few minutes. It is well, shall we say, "zippy". Despite not wanting to do a guided tour, you might like this....it is quite a rush on an otherwise sedate (but lovely and wonderful) island.

My wife and I (both over 60) did this last year shortly after they had been introduced at HMC. The charge last year was an "introductory" special. We noticed that the charge for this year's excursion was significantly more per person so we will probably pass - but we really did have a lot of fun last year (thoroughly soaked) and it was a beautiful ride around the lagoon.

Archived