Shoe help, please!

jimbug

Hi ladies (and gentlemen)...

I am going to be wearing the outfit pictured below for one of our formal nights, and I can't find any shoes for the life of me! I'm thinking silver, rather than black, and I hate the traditional pumps they have paired with it in the picture. Also, I have sort of wide feet and the regular width strappy sandals usually don't work for me. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Here's the URL for the outfit:

http://imedia.brylane.com/images/jessicalondon/dt/2304_21073_dt.jpg

It wouldn't let me upload it because the dimensions were wrong. Hope the link works!

Neat outfit, I really like it, if you don't want boring pumps maybe look for some fancy rhinestone shoe clips, they sell tons on e-bay. Then you would have sparklies on the bottom as well as the top of your outfit. I suggest looking on e-bay for ideas for shoes anyway, even if you are not comfortable buying them there, they have just a bout EVERY kind of shoe listed. Good Luck

Jimbug,

For that outfit, I think that a pair of black or silver sandals would work really well.

Stewart Weitzman who probably has the largest collection of evening shoes at upper-moderate prices, also carries wide width's. His shoes are sold in major dept stores like Nordstom's, Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor, etc. They're probably sold on Zappos.com as well.

Putting a rhinestone clip on a pair of satin pumps is always pretty, however, if you do that I would take a "test drive" at home. I'd worry that since the leg of the pants is wide, the hem might constantly get caught in the stones and ruin your pants.

Jane

I have a pair of wide silver sandals you can have, a 10 wide, I bought them a year ago and have never worn them, nor do I think I want to anymore. At the time I bought them I thought they were perfect :rolleyes: .

I would prefer a pump with this outfit, but a sandal would work. Here's a couple I like from nordstrom.com:

145081.jpg

160664.jpg

Here's the link to the page where I found them, I just put in an 8.5 wide, since you did not indicate your shoe size.

http://search.nordstrom.com/searchresults.asp?viewAll=0&sort=&mode=pfind&sizename=8.5&widthname=C%2C+W%2C+Wide&catID=2377052&category=2376778%7E2372808%7E2376689%7E2377052&catname=View+All&boutique=&mediumthumbnail=Y&cattext=&size=8.5&width=C&color=

I've tried the shoe clips before and they hurt my feet.

Archived