Just back from KONINGSDAM

foodsvcmgr

Thank you for your review. I agree with all your points. I loved my December cruise on the K-Dam but agree with you that the MDR seating arrangements need to be dealt with. Any time diners should not be seated on the same level, or at least in the same section, as traditional diners. I really disliked the constant disruption of people wandering around the tables while diners were trying to have a conversation with their tablemates. I spoke to a senior person in the MDR about this and he admitted that no one seemed to be happy this new set up, especially the waiters who got all the complaints. Hopefully, HAL will see the light if they get enough complaints from the passengers. I have booked traditional dining (8:30 pm) for my March K-Dam cruise. I am hoping that by that hour, things will be quieter in the MDR. Otherwise, I absolutely love the ship.

I have not sailed on K-dam, but on other HAL ships in recent years, I know that tables assigned to fixed seating diners who book a specialty restaurant dinner or don't arrive within the 15 minute arrival window are made available to anytime diners. So how much different in what is being done on K-dam?

I do agree that the efficient procedures normally followed by the fix seating stewards is disrupted by late or early arriving anytime diners. It means extra trips to the galley, for example. It seems the new normal, however, and as long as people want the anytime dining, those of us who prefer fixed dining seem to be losing out at least somewhat.