MDR - table for just our family or share with a group?

Soramor

We've cruised twice with our kids - at the time they were young teens. The first time we were at a table for 8 with 2 older couples. We all really enjoyed each other and the older couples seemed to enjoy chatting with our kids. And our kids were well behaved and would sit and observe when it was more adult talking. The second time we were paired with a family with kids that were similar age. That was fun too. We have really enjoyed having dinner with others and meeting other people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I have enjoyed that as well. We've met some fascinating people at dinner on cruises! But like I said above, this cruise is basically for connecting with our two older kids and I think they'll appreciate the time with mom and dad :)

For even more fun...request a table for four by the windows!!! We have always been accommodated, and enjoy the window!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I actually thought of that but didn't bother because we have the late seating and I figured it'd be dark. Think I should follow up and ask for that as well?

I actually thought of that but didn't bother because we have the late seating and I figured it'd be dark. Think I should follow up and ask for that as well?

You are correct - we requested a window table last on FOS in January 2016 and we had the early seating (5:30) and it was dark already - time of year issue (plus the deck our seating was on had a deck walkway outside our window that was utilized by crew, so we saw crew members walking back and forth). It really wasn't an issue. I do like the window seat because there is less "walking around" the table from the waitstaff and other guests.