Show/Theater Times on Anthem (related to MTD)

slyster

So, I have never done MTD before and we have signed up for it on our Anthem cruise. I know folks have said you have pre-book your dining times. Here's my question...I know most evenings there is a show or event happening in the theater.

Does someone recall the times the shows are usually scheduled for? I want to be able to book our MTD and specialty dining BEFORE the shows and not be rushed to get there.

Thanks in advance....

So, I have never done MTD before and we have signed up for it on our Anthem cruise. I know folks have said you have pre-book your dining times. Here's my question...I know most evenings there is a show or event happening in the theater.

Does someone recall the times the shows are usually scheduled for? I want to be able to book our MTD and specialty dining BEFORE the shows and not be rushed to get there.

Thanks in advance....

Just go to the "Cruise Planner" on Royal's website and it will pop up and tell you as you are scheduling your dine times and shows if you have a scheduling conflict. On our upcoming April cruise a lot of the MTD slots that we wanted were all booked up so we have ended up with various dining times. One night @ 6:30pm, the next night 7:45pm, next night 6:15pm. We will have to constantly check our schedules I guess.

If you want a good seat, some guests arrive 1h early or more.

Don't sit in the first couple of rows in the Royal Theatre, the speakers are TOO LOUD. In 270 at the end of the cruise, they want to hear your comments and people complained about that.

Chops is a 2h ordeal, that's what the waiters tell you and we were always about that time. Jamie's is pretty fast.

We saw We Will Rock You at 9ish, that didn't allow time for our 815pm MDR seating, so we Windjammer'd that evening. That's a long show, 2h, the middle could be shortened.

We enjoyed The Gift, and Spectra's Cabaret is in 270 and uses a bunch of displays and all the back windows as screens.

Have a great cruise!

I've not yet sailed the Anthem - but what I am learning and have discovered - you schedule your shows...Check your online personalizer on the RCI website, book your shows, then you can adjust your meals accordingly.

Oh I forgot! You book your theater times on this ship. That's a good idea to try and figure out when show times are.

Can you tell me when MTD reservations open up as well as booking shows?

If you want a good seat, some guests arrive 1h early or more.

Don't sit in the first couple of rows in the Royal Theatre, the speakers are TOO LOUD. In 270 at the end of the cruise, they want to hear your comments and people complained about that.

Chops is a 2h ordeal, that's what the waiters tell you and we were always about that time. Jamie's is pretty fast.

We saw We Will Rock You at 9ish, that didn't allow time for our 815pm MDR seating, so we Windjammer'd that evening. That's a long show, 2h, the middle could be shortened.

We enjoyed The Gift, and Spectra's Cabaret is in 270 and uses a bunch of displays and all the back windows as screens.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for all the info! I'm looking forward to checking out 270. I just read you book your shows online. Does 270 have shows that you book? Appreciate the feedback on when to arrive too. You just reminded me that with Oasis, we arrived at least 30-45 minutes before a show because we booked those shows online and after a certain time, they open to the general public. Thanks again

Thanks for all the info! I'm looking forward to checking out 270. I just read you book your shows online. Does 270 have shows that you book? Appreciate the feedback on when to arrive too. You just reminded me that with Oasis, we arrived at least 30-45 minutes before a show because we booked those shows online and after a certain time, they open to the general public. Thanks again

The 3 shows I mentioned are the only ones you need to reserve for good seating (2 in the Royal, 1 in 270). And your show appointments including specialty restaurants, iFly, NorthStar, etc will show on your calendar in the Royal IQ smarthphone app. It works on wifi, no charge. On board, if you want to change anything, call Guest Services, they're pretty fast about it as long as there's a vacancy. It will immediately update on the app.

There's a few other less popular shows, and you'll see the times in your daily paper planner that gets delivered the night before, no reservations needed.

I'm not a fan of MTD, we would walk by and there'd be long lineups depending on popular times. Instead, we chose 2nd seating the floor below, mainly so we didn't have to rush after ports. It was 815pm nightly and we would just walk right in, to our same set table. Our waiters had our drinks sitting there minutes before we arrived (we sat in the same arrangement). It's nice to have acquainted waiters, they get to know your idiosyncrasies like how my one daughter always wanted mashed potatoes and my buddy who always ate watermelon for dessert lol, so they would just bring it.

MTD = My Time Dining

MDR = Main Dining Room, Grande/Chic