Mobile Cruise Terminal

leeleent

We are cruising from Mobile this weekend. Glad we have 11:00 am check in time... Hope to get ahead of Mardi Gras traffic before it gets too bad. How early does the Parking garage open? Not trying to get in before my time, but hope to get in to parking garage before my check in time.

If you're there at 11am you shouldn't have trouble with Mardi Gras traffic. The first parade on Sat doesn't roll until 2:30pm and while the terminal is downtown, it's a few blocks from parade route A. If you come in on I-10 from the west, you'll get off on Canal St and MG traffic shouldn't be a problem. MG RV city does come right to Canal St. though, so you will see hundreds of RVs parked right across the street from the terminal, under the interstate. They shouldn't be a problem for you though.

http://themobilemask.com/Parade_Schedule.html

If you're there at 11am you shouldn't have trouble with Mardi Gras traffic. The first parade on Sat doesn't roll until 2:30pm and while the terminal is downtown, it's a few blocks from parade route A. If you come in on I-10 from the west, you'll get off on Canal St and MG traffic shouldn't be a problem. MG RV city does come right to Canal St. though, so you will see hundreds of RVs parked right across the street from the terminal, under the interstate. They shouldn't be a problem for you though.

Yes, I know how to get there... Thanks!! .(I'm from Foley) But I am also aware how busy Mobile is on Mardi Gras no matter how late they start. My main question is how early does parking garage open? LOL I guess I could have left out all that Mardi Gras stuff, Sorry!! :)

I am glad to see this. Any suggestions about the 19th and 20th? We are staying at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile- Downtown Historic District, 62 South Royal Street, Mobile, AL 36602, coming in from Atlanta.

I am glad to see this. Any suggestions about the 19th and 20th? We are staying at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile- Downtown Historic District, 62 South Royal Street, Mobile, AL 36602, coming in from Atlanta.

The 19th and 20th only have night parades. You'll be just off the parade route, so you should be fine, although you may have to deal with some heavy traffic in the area. Parades start at 6:30 both nights. People will start coming downtown about 1½ - 2 hours ahead of time to stake out their parking spots and their favorite spot along the parade route. Water St. should remain fairly clear because I don't think they allow parking in the medians anymore. If you get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time it will be a madhouse though. :)