Purchasing specialty dining package on board Allure?

ginadv

Hello All,

We're sailing on the Allure in a couple of weeks and I'd like to add a 3-night specialty dining package, though I'd prefer to use our onboard credit and make the purchase once we board. Does anyone have experience doing this? I assumed it would be no problem but then read somewhere that the packages are not always available on the ships. Any insight would be appreciated!

Hello All,

We're sailing on the Allure in a couple of weeks and I'd like to add a 3-night specialty dining package, though I'd prefer to use our onboard credit and make the purchase once we board. Does anyone have experience doing this? I assumed it would be no problem but then read somewhere that the packages are not always available on the ships. Any insight would be appreciated!

I wasn't aware the 3 night or 4 and 5 night dinning packages were available once onboard. It might be, just haven't seen it.

Maybe ASK BOB can clear up.

Bob already answered this......

Edited by troykahack
ASK BOB already answered.

Yeah, this is what I'm concerned about--not finding it at all and then being out of luck. It's so much pricier do do it a la carte. We're leaning toward the drink packages, which I know we need to purchase in advance to get at a discount. Do you guys know if the soda package or the refreshment package are also more expensive onboard vs. online? We may add those for the kids, but it would be better to use onboard credit though not worth it if they jack up the price on the ship.

Yeah, this is what I'm concerned about--not finding it at all and then being out of luck. It's so much pricier do do it a la carte. We're leaning toward the drink packages, which I know we need to purchase in advance to get at a discount. Do you guys know if the soda package or the refreshment package are also more expensive onboard vs. online? We may add those for the kids, but it would be better to use onboard credit though not worth it if they jack up the price on the ship.

You want it, book it ahead of time. They do this so you can't use OBC plus it is at discounted rate. You could always use your OBC for additional tips.

If you wait, you might get some offer on board like BOGO but can't always count on it. Only have seen it for CHOPS and I have heard rarely if ever for Izumi Hibachi. On Allure last week, I didn't see either Izumi or 150 waiters out drumming up deals. Just saw Chops..... and Samba wasn't crowded at all once onboard, but didn't see any offers.

Bob, answered a question for me regarding this a couple of days ago on a different thread, but I do have another question. If I book the 3 night package before embarkation rather than doing it a'la'carte, can I pick my dates and times for all three nights, and if no then how does this work?

Thanks

When you book the 3 night package you will have a choice of day 1 or 2 and the time. Royal will choose the restaurant. On board you choose the dates, times and restaurants for your other 2 nights and you may also modify the first reservation subject to availability.

With the package you can not reserve restaurants in advance.

Ken, thank you very much for clarifying this for me. Now I have to decide I am and if I can rope in my OCD leave it to chance,

We've had no problem getting our desired times and dates although we do tend to be one of the first groups to board and I head right to the table in the promenade that they have set up for reservations. To me the savings are worth it.

You want it, book it ahead of time. They do this so you can't use OBC plus it is at discounted rate. You could always use your OBC for additional tips.

If you wait, you might get some offer on board like BOGO but can't always count on it. Only have seen it for CHOPS and I have heard rarely if ever for Izumi Hibachi. On Allure last week, I didn't see either Izumi or 150 waiters out drumming up deals. Just saw Chops..... and Samba wasn't crowded at all once onboard, but didn't see any offers.

I was surprised to see that Chops is a higher price than Central Park 150 for the Allure. Is that typical? We will have a group of 8 and I was wondering if there would be "deals" available for Chops once on board. Does anybody have any experience with this?

I was surprised to see that Chops is a higher price than Central Park 150 for the Allure. Is that typical? We will have a group of 8 and I was wondering if there would be "deals" available for Chops once on board. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Some people have recently reported someone has approached them to offer 25% discount while on board. This has not occurred for me and I'm guessing there are no guarantees. Also check your cruise planner often for discounts. Earlier this week Royal was offering 30% off. Chops was $33 earlier this week for my sailing with a regular price of $42.

Some people have recently reported someone has approached them to offer 25% discount while on board. This has not occurred for me and I'm guessing there are no guarantees. Also check your cruise planner often for discounts. Earlier this week Royal was offering 30% off. Chops was $33 earlier this week for my sailing with a regular price of $42.

Thanks. When I checked yesterday the cost for Chops was $49. That seems very high. Higher than I want to pay! I'll keep looking and hopefully there will be better deals on board.

Did they remove the option to pay with OBC on the trip planner before sailing?

I swear I did this in October on our Oasis cruise...

It seems that was some sort of experimental program. I've not heard of it lately.

On our two most recent cruises, Thanksgiving and Christmas, we could apply our OBC when we purchased anything via the Cruise Planner at check out.

The 3/4/5 dining packages are cheaper if you purchased pre-cruise and sometimes they are not offered onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk