Aft Balcony on Norwegian Escape

traveler2100

Norwegian tells me the Aft Balcony Handicapped rooms are almost twice as large as the normal aft balcony? and they are the same price? I may be taking a cruise with my Wheelchair bound Dad and this is important for us.

So, can anyone tell me if this correct info and any experience with this type of room?

We were beside a handicap cabin on our cruise last August and just peaking over, it was bigger than our Aft Balcony. If it was twice as big ??? Hmmmmm. Maybe ??? But the Aft Balcony has a lot of room and is deep enough for lounge chairs. In fact we had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and small table and still had room. I hope this help :)

Last June I stayed in room 11918, which is a handicap accessible aft-balcony. Being the first aft balcony we have cruised in..we were shocked at how much smaller the normal sized aft balconies were after visiting a friends. I would say it's at least double the size (maybe seems bigger because no couch) and the balcony fits multiple loungers and PLENTY of extra space. You will notice the neighbors looking over towards your balcony many times. The bathroom is also extremely large and has an amazing shower.

It is true about the aft handicap balconies. We sailed on the Getaway with our family, one regular balcony room and an aft handicap as our 14 year old son uses a wheelcheer. The aft balcony was amazing. All 6 of us would congregate over there as our regular balcony barely held 2 chairs. We are sailing on the Escape in March and have 2 aft balcony rooms, 1 handicap and 1 regular.