Canadians who booked "AT PAR"

edenrayne

Limited Availability!

Upgrade to a Balcony or Mini-Suite

For an additional cost starting at $200 per guest

(Based on Double Occupancy in USD)

Dear

Guest e-mail address:

Thank you for choosing Norwegian. We would like to offer you an exciting opportunity upgrade your current stateroom to a Balcony or Mini-Suite for an additional $200 - $300 per passenger in USD.

Soak in the paradise that surrounds you. Floor-to-ceiling glass doors open to your own sweeping balcony. Inside, your private, spacious room is well-appointed with style.

.......I don't know how to post pictures but here is a cut and paste from the email we received that clearly states the prices in USD.

We received the email on January 12 for a January 15th sailing on the Breakaway.

Did that help to clear up your confusion :p

Lol, I find it very interesting that this whole upgrade process is so complicated when it was supposed to make things easier.

I have two thoughts:

One is that we are already booked in a Haven cabin, whereas MrsK is not. Don't know if that makes a difference or not, I haven't been following the upgrade threads that closely.

Two, we booked this cabin about 2 weeks ago, so maybe the rules around upgrades in UDS vs CAN have changed from the time MrsK booked to when we booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two' date=' we booked this cabin about 2 weeks ago, so maybe the rules around upgrades in UDS vs CAN have changed from the time MrsK booked to when we booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

Maybe, but we've been off the ship for two weeks tomorrow and we booked the cruise 11 days before it left. So it sounds like you booked right about the time we got off the Breakaway.

I don't really pay much attention to upgrades or whatever this bidding thing is all about but I do think something might have changed around the first of February. I didn't read up on it but saw something posted here about changes.

The upgrade offers are being rolled out to include all ships in the fleet this year, so you may not get an offer depending on the ship. If you are booked with a TA, their agency has to opt in to the Upgrade Advantage program for you to be eligible to be offered an upgrade. If they are, then the email goes directly to you.

The process is kind of like a silent auction bidding program and there is a meter that shows how strong or weak your offer is. I know people that are very happy with it.

Also you can only bid up 2 categories from what you are booked with. For example, if you book an inside, you will not be offered a Suite or the Haven, it would just be for a balcony.

Personally I love the new program.

The upgrade offers are being rolled out to include all ships in the fleet this year, so you may not get an offer depending on the ship. If you are booked with a TA, their agency has to opt in to the Upgrade Advantage program for you to be eligible to be offered an upgrade. If they are, then the email goes directly to you.

The process is kind of like a silent auction bidding program and there is a meter that shows how strong or weak your offer is. I know people that are very happy with it.

Also you can only bid up 2 categories from what you are booked with. For example, if you book an inside, you will not be offered a Suite or the Haven, it would just be for a balcony.

Personally I love the new program.

This doesn't explain why some people who booked with Canadian at par are getting upgrade offers in Canadian dollars, while some are getting them in USD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This doesn't explain why some people who booked with Canadian at par are getting upgrade offers in Canadian dollars' date=' while some are getting them in USD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

What currency did you book your cruise , I have a cruise booked in us curency and i received my e mail in us currency

What currency did you book your cruise , I have a cruise booked in us curency and i received my e mail in us currency

MrsK and I both booked with Canada at Par as our promotion. She received her upgrade offer in USD, we received ours in CAD. Thus the dilemma :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsK and I both booked with Canada at Par as our promotion. She received her upgrade offer in USD' date=' we received ours in CAD. Thus the dilemma :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

I did book directly with NCL. We are on the Breakaway for May 25th sailing, So probably to early for any mail to arrive.(if it ever does!) Guess its a game of luck. Thanks so all your replies. Happy Sailing everyone.