which beach is closest to ship dock in st kitts

les127

We were there last week. We went to So. Frigate beach, about a 12 minute cab ride ($14). It was isolated and uncrowded), but had several small rustic beach bars with chairs and umbrellas (2 for $10). There was some construction nearby (building a dolphin encounter). The beach was sandy and there was a small reef a little way out. Others reported good snorkelling. Overall, the beach was fine, but not world-class. We weren't disappointed, but will try another beach next time.

Bobnjoyce-

Was the $14 for the cab ride to S. Frigate Bay the total price for two people RT? Was there any feedback from people who went to S. Friar's Bay? (I think they are two separate beaches if I don't have my wires crossed.)

After our Island tour we went to south frigate bay. The beach was nice but there was only one porta-potty with no door.We will not go to this beach again.We will be in St. Kitts in 01/06 thinking about going to Turtle Beach.How is this beach????????????

South Frigate Bay Beach is the closest to Port Zante. It's US$10 for 1 to 4 persons and $7 per person for 5 or more persons. South Friars Bay is another beach that is not far away. By taxi it's $16 for 1 - 4 persons.

Amicia

Thanks Liz Turtle Beach is were we will go.We did a Island tour on our last visit,this time we have to be back on the ship by 2:30 so we are just going to a beach .How are the bath room facilitys at Turtle Beach?

• 2 months later...

I thought there was Mr. X restaurant and bar at South Frigate Bay. Is there not a bathroom in Mr. X's?

Is the "one porta potty with no door" you speak off inside Mr. X's?

We have been to Turtle Beach it was just ok-we enjoyed seeing the pig, no monkeys the day we were there, tons of sea weed.

Want to try S. Frigate this time.

Archived