brittania food

qm2 and canberra nut

Can any one tell me if there are any other options if you do not like any main course on the menu for dinner in the brittania. We recently were on on QM2 and there were two occassions when I did not like anything and was a little stuck on what to have. I did not ask our waiters for anything different as I did not know if this was ok on QM2. On other ships I have done this and a steak or similar has appeared .....Back on Qm2 in December 20th

Can any one tell me if there are any other options if you do not like any main course on the menu for dinner in the brittania. We recently were on on QM2 and there were two occassions when I did not like anything and was a little stuck on what to have. I did not ask our waiters for anything different as I did not know if this was ok on QM2. On other ships I have done this and a steak or similar has appeared .....Back on Qm2 in December 20th

with proper notice i think the staff will try to meet your requests.!!!

Your title reminded me on one slight issue we had with the Brittannia restaurant.

On our table, one guest stated on the first night that he had a severe nut allergy - spasms, fits, choking, the lot if he so much as put a nut in his mouth.

Guess what the waiter kept putting on his salads, despite frequent requests?.

a tragedy waiting to happen, methinks

steaks and chops are always avaiable just ask !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be joking this is one of the major problems we had in the Britannia that there was NO Alternatives available .

To beat the system ask your waiter the night before for the following days menu and if you do not like anything pre order what you want the day before. Mind we had to go through the head waiter who was very unhelpful to the MD to get this done !

Good luck

Hi,

My experience was that you can ask for something different on the night and it would arrive super fast. We were amazed and couldnt figure out how Cunard could have all the different foodstuffs people could request to hand so fast (I guess we didnt ask for anything that exotic!)

Top marks to Cunard. PaulnJill - dont know what happened with you but our experience could not have been more different, the waiting staff were attentive, courteous and bent over backwards to ensure we had a great meal.

We are back on the 26th and cant wait to do it all again!

Teresa

When I was on the QM2, one of the ladies we've met was very particularly with food & will not eat meat, fish/seafood, anything with gravy, & most that are offered on the menu. She got our waiter to get her baked or grilled chicken with veggies every night.

Russ am I right in thinking that you ordered something different at the time of the meal NOT the night before? Thankyou for your help.

Yes, one night on my second trip, there wasn't anything on the menu I really wanted (as far as the entree that is), so I asked for a plain, grilled chicken breast and it was no problem....

Russ

Kudos on your slideshow, Spring! It is just the best! You redeem much of what's on this board.

You've such a good eye. I've taken all those pictures -- yours are MUCH better --and won't ever have to take another QM2 picture again. Thanks so much for the show. Every aspect of the ship and a trip is nailed!

I was on the pier two hours, your sailing. Seemed to me the load was rather light. Was it? Some of the pier staff said so.

Ab :)

Just came off the Nov 1st QM2 New York to Southampton. If you go to

http://public.fotki.com/SpringTx/qm2/

and starting at picture 72 you will see the menu for evernight.

Hi:

I enjoyed your photos! Is it true that you can insert your camera memory card into the television or connect the usb cable to view them in a Brittania tv? I read on the board that you can do this in the Brittania tvs, but not in the grill tvs.

Spring,

Wonderful pics, brings back great memories of the ship :) Makes me want to take another cruise on it soon.

I took some pics of the ship too, but I didn't have a digital camera then. Scanned pics just aren't the same on a computer screen. Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed the slideshow. :cool:

Spring! How did you take all of those photos!

I am especially curious as to the ones at the shows. They usually do not allow photography at all, and certainly not flash photography during them. At one point, I was thinking maybe these were publicity photos from Cunard, Or postcards! Are you a professional photographer? Or just one with a love for the camera's eye and a good eye for composition and color?

I am overwhelmed! And you had such marvelous camera angles on some of the deck shots- Perfectly composed. Wow!

What did you use for a camera?

Wow!

And BTW, you are making my mouth water at the menus, (and the food pictures!) And for those who asked about attire, I think you can take your cues from some of those photos. Now, Caribbean will be a bit less formal during the day, of course, due to the weather, but still, I think that is a good representation.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait til January 3rd!

P.S. Good NYC and London photos, too!

Just came off the Nov 1st QM2 New York to Southampton. If you go to

http://public.fotki.com/SpringTx/qm2/

and starting at picture 72 you will see the menu for evernight.

Spring

Just been and had a look at your wonderful photos. The QM2 is a lovely ship!! Your photos brought back some wonderful memories!! Which shows did you see?? We are off on the Oriana (the photo of the ship you saw in Southampton) in approx 4 weeks time for Xmas in the caribbean. Did you enjoy the London eye?? My daughter wants to go on it. You won't get me on it!! Might be an idea for her though for an xmas present!! And I enjoyed looking at your photos of the changing of the guard. At 44 years old and only 30/40 minutes from Central London, I've never ever seen the changing of the guard. Many thanks for sharing such great photos.

Elaine

Spring! How did you take all of those photos!

I am especially curious as to the ones at the shows. They usually do not allow photography at all, and certainly not flash photography during them. At one point, I was thinking maybe these were publicity photos from Cunard, Or postcards! Are you a professional photographer? Or just one with a love for the camera's eye and a good eye for composition and color?

I am overwhelmed! And you had such marvelous camera angles on some of the deck shots- Perfectly composed. Wow!

What did you use for a camera?

Wow!

And BTW, you are making my mouth water at the menus, (and the food pictures!) And for those who asked about attire, I think you can take your cues from some of those photos. Now, Caribbean will be a bit less formal during the day, of course, due to the weather, but still, I think that is a good representation.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait til January 3rd!

P.S. Good NYC and London photos, too!

I escpecially liked the close up photo of the statue of liberty. What kind of digital camera do you have Spring???

Elaine

elaine61 travel-to-go PatrickS

I have a Nikon D70

travel-to-go

They do allow photography, just no flash.

dtwtraveler

can not insert your camera memory card into the television or connect the usb cable. I have a RCA type plug that will fit into the

back of the Tv.

Ab Ovo

We had 2279 onboard.

Still looking and loving your eye!

Photo #177, the Smart car ... aren't they great ... about six months ago I read "they" are trying to pass regulations changes and get the Smart sold in America!

Archived