taxi tours frm the port in La Romana

jaycruiser59

• 2 weeks later...

Last June we thought we were at the port for the 27 waterfalls (and surprise I was at the wrong port I needed Amber Cove) I really wanted to go to a couple of poor villages to hand out some toys, pencils etc . We did find a guy that we thought understood what we wanted, He didnt really know English and we know NO Spanish! He told us it would cost us $40 & he'd have another guy come along to round up some kids for us and we'd have to give him $10. At the end up tour the driver asked us for a tip because the $40 was for the company he worked for and not for him, I think that was a lie, but we gave him $5 at which he was none too happy about! We had only taken $90 off and I had wanted to get a souvenir from the DR.

My husband really wasnt happy about going as we wondered where we may end up:eek: .but we survived!

It definitely wasn't a typical tour of being showed a bunch of stuff and having things explained to us, but I still had a fun time giving the kids stuff! We were dropped off in the town square to look at souvenirs, but be prepared you will be bugged to buy stuff! And if you have not experienced any ports where that has happened it can be overwhelming!

We walked from the square back to the ship.