Computer Lab on Galaxy

Arubalisa

Could any CC'rs give me information regarding the Computer Lab on the Galaxy?

How much do classes cost? I know Excell is offered, is Access ever offered? If not, would any of you oh so knowledgable folks, know if http://www.celebrityatsea.com/. private lessons, could be an option for learning Access? Next question, of course, how much per hour?

Are these classes taught by professionals? Not necessarily looking for people who are certified, just know their stuff. If I spend an hour inside a classroom while on vacation, when instead I could be reading a trashy novel by the pool, just prefer it be a good use of my time :cool: .

Thank you to any answers to these questions.

When I was on the Galaxy the classes were $20. I can't attest to the competence of the instructors as I did not take any of the classes. However, as someone that has taught computer software classes, I believe that the students need access to a PC for an extended period of time after instruction is given. This gives the students the chance to use what they have learned and retention of the subject matter is much greater. If you will not have access to a PC to practice what you have learned after the class is over, you might want to stick to that trashy novel. If you are not going to be able to practice until after you get home the class may not be worthwhile.

Practice is no problem as I will have my laptap with me. I'm not one much for naps, but with late seating dinner, my daughter sure is.

This is always a good time to edit and delete some photos I have taken during the day. I'm self taught in Photoshop, thinking I could probably improve my skills here too. The laptop has all the MS software on it so access to that for practice is not a problem.

Archived