Coral Sands still open and Shark Ray Alley

tv77

We're looking for an excursion in Belize off of the NCL Sun, and I've read alot of posts re: the Coral Sands Beach Resort. Has anyone done this tour in the past month, and do you know if it still operates?

The other options we are considering are the Coral Breezes Shark Ray Alley excursions, or Cave Tubing, or Ambergris Caye Shark Ray Alley tour through the Sun. (although I've read that the current are pretty strong for the Ambergris so we may shy away from that....)

Also - is the Shark Ray Alley that Coral Breezes and the Sun Ambergris Tour one and the same?

Thanks in advance!

tv77

I was just curious because I read some posts where people who did the Ambergris Caye Shark Ray alley tour said the snorkelling was rough, but I haven't really read that for the Caye Caukler Shark Ray alley tour.

Just wasn't sure if there were 2 different Shark Ray alleys!

We did this tour from the Celebrity Galaxy, The snorkeling itself was good but the currents were strong because of this most of our group stayed by the boat and did not follow the guide. The trip to the alley took over an hour and half the people were stuck below deck in the 100+ temps. The tour also included a beach "bbq" not real appetizing!

Yeah - I saw some went to Amb, while the others went to Caulker. But it seems the people who did Amb w/the cruise line said the snorkelling current was really rough, while those who did the Caulker thing w/a 3rd party tour operator said it was fine. Thought they might not be snorkelling at the same location.

I think they are one and the same - people's opinions just differ. :)

Archived