Hard mattress--Klymit V Sleeping pad?

Numer3

After reading about the very hard mattresses on many ships, but Liberty in particular, I ordered the Klymit V Sleeping pad on Amazon. It came yesterday and the 23in wide size is even skinnier than I imagined.

For those that have used it, does it really work? I read tons of reviews of much bigger people (I'm 5'8 & 135lb) using them while camping and they say it's great, but I'd love to hear from cruisers.

I love that it's small, (size of large soup can) and very light weight, and easy to blow up, but it's hard to imagine not constantly rolling off of it. Was that a problem? (I did request a mattress topper but am aware that the "topper" may just be a folded up comforter under the sheet now.)

If you have used these green pads, I'd love to hear your 2 cents.

Thanks!!

Lara

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from my cruise and didn't need the pad, as my bed had a pad on it, and was comfortable. I'm returning the two I bought to Amazon today. I was on Liberty of the Seas, in an inside room.cebb2154d95f32c9c98f90a811f2e124.jpg

Lara

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been on several cruises where the beds were so uncomfortable. We ordered these as well for an April cruise. Ours came with an inflatable pillow, too. I think the pillow will be great to put under a regular pillow as the pillows seem to always be so flat. Hope this makes sleeping more comfortable.

I gave us these for Christmas this year, for use on our Anthem cruise in January. I too was worried about the width, but it didn't turn out to be an issue. The steward actually put the folded up comforters on top of the Klymit, and it was very comfortable - I didn't end up falling off at all. My husband (6'2", 190) said that he noticed it a little bit, and should have adjusted it every morning for the next night. Overall, they were a good purchase and we will take them with us going forward!