Somewhat mobility challenged

poncapots64

We will stop in St Maarten on our upcoming cruise in April. I have some mobility challenges, can't walk long distances. How long is the pier? I have rented a mobility scooter but don't know if we will be able to take advantage of any of the tours (the scooter does break down into 5 pieces for easy transport). Can anyone guide me on what options there will be? I can walk, i.e. on the beach, short distances elsewhere. Thanks so much.:D

We will stop in St Maarten on our upcoming cruise in April. I have some mobility challenges, can't walk long distances. How long is the pier? I have rented a mobility scooter but don't know if we will be able to take advantage of any of the tours (the scooter does break down into 5 pieces for easy transport). Can anyone guide me on what options there will be? I can walk, i.e. on the beach, short distances elsewhere. Thanks so much.:D

You're on the pier as soon as you come down the gangway.

There are two piers. From the exit of a typical cruise at the Mega-ship pier to the taxi dispatch area would be about 500 yards. From the 'regular' sized ship pier could be 150 yards less. Could be much longer if your ship is at the far end of the pier because of earlier docked ships.

That said, there are often little golf-cart type shuttles running about for those that need a little assistance.

For tours, I would check with the operator to see if they can accommodate you. Response should be yes.

For taxis, I would think that the dispatcher could find you a suitable ride.

gary