Upgrades Once Cabins Assigned?

cruise 'n shopper

We booked an oceanview guarantee on the Zenith, and noticed on the Celebrity website that our cabin number was assigned quickly. We were disappointed to see that, despite Captains Club Select status, we received the lowest oceanview category on the lowest passenger deck.

I realize that we take our chances with a guarantee fare, but was wondering if this is the last word from Celebrity. Has anyone been reassigned to a higher category cabin closer in to the sailing date, after the initial cabin assignment is made?

Thanks!

Has anyone been reassigned to a higher category cabin closer in to the sailing date' date=' after the initial cabin assignment is made?

[/quote']

Yes. We were upgraded 3 days prior to sail date. However, we did not book a guarantee, and the upgrade was specifically requested from celebrity by our TA.

I have had success upgrading once on board. If you are on the lowest deck, suggest to the hotel staff that you were awakened early with all the docking noise. (This works best if you are on the dock side--which isn't always port--and close to where the cargo gangway is set up, which can be very loud at 6:00 AM.) It might take a day or 2 but if someone leaves the ship, you will often get their room.

well, I sure hope they don't change MY assignment!

While onboard last week we booked a guarantee outside for the 2/6/06 sailing on Zenith........today I checked and we were assigned to a cat 5 on Europa deck! The savings over booking the cat 5 directly is $240/pp!

Color me Happy!

Archived