Help me choose

dbarry

I am trying to plan our day in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. We have been there several times and are looking for something a little different to do. We have narrowed it down to :

RCCL Parasailing (leaves from Spanish Reef Bay)

RCCL Stingray City helicopter tour

RCCL Reef and Ray Combo

RCCL Cayman Bicycle Adventure

Has anyone done any of these tours or have other suggestions? Like I said we have done the must-dos in Grand Cayman, i.e. stingrays, hell, turtles, rum cake factory, and I have even gone horseback riding on the beach.

If you're planning on doing the Reef and Rays again (you mentioned having done them befoe) Why not opt for a small independant company. It'd be more personalized. Maybe a bit longer and a lot less crowded. I've used Moby Dick tours and there were only about 12 people on the boat. It was a really nice experience. (Plus we only paid $25pp for it)

Or maybe find someone that does a catamaran excursion to the reef and stingray sandbar. Those always look fun when I see them.

Maybe a lunchtime cruise, or depending on timing a sunset dinner cruise.

Why not rent a car and go to the North side of the Island or even the East End? Just for something different.

You could always just take island transit and go to places you've been before and not have to depend on a tour operator telling you when it's time to go. You can find information about the public transit here: http://www.caymanislands.ky/

I certainly wouldn't limit myself to just what the cruiseline offers.

I'll be there in about 3 weeks and plan on taking buses to a few of the places I visited in April on an island tour. The tour just didn't give me enough time at each place. Then if time allows, some walk-in snorkeling at Eden Rock. (I think that's the name of the place anyway lol)

Let us know what you decided :D

Archived