Port canaveral

buckeye12

We are a group of 4 looking for a nice hotel. We are flying into mco the day before our cruise and we are looking for a hotel that would hopefully have shuttle service from airport to hotel and service from hotel to port...is this even possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MCO is 45-60 minutes from Canaveral. I don't think there are any hotels that do those kind of transfers. We always rent a car and drive to a hotel near the port, return the rental and they shuttle us to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Points to ponder:

1. One-way car rental is surprisingly affordable and driving to the Port is very easy. You cannot get lost!

2. With 3 exceptions ALL local hotels offer port shuttles (Wakulla, Motel 6 and Holiday Inn Club are exceptions). For two or more passengers these may cost the same or more than Uber for example. So pick the hotel first based on your specific family needs such as honor programs, room types, location, rates, etc. Then plan your port transfers.

3. A few hotels offer airport transfers but they outsource it to shuttle companies such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle - who you can easily book direct. You will pay the hotel the same or slightly more or less (sometimes) than booking direct with the shuttle companies. But not by much. So, again, I suggest you pick your hotel based on your family needs rather than their airport shuttle services!

IMO the most important decision after picking the perfect hotel, is whether or not to book a Snooze & Cruise package (these often have restrictions) or go for the cheapest rate on sites such as Booking.com plus your private port transfers. Think about sharing the transfers with crowds of people and luggage as well as the limited shuttle times (often arriving later at the terminal than you want and messing up your early arrival plans!)

• I suggest you start by comparing hotel rates/rooms with Booking.com or Trivago.
  • Once you have a few hotels within your budget range, you can pick one based on your other needs such as oceanfront, near restaurants, ship views, etc.
  • Then look at hotel packages versus Booking.com or similar online discount sites.
  • Finally, book your transfers either as a package or direct - not forgetting about the one-way rental car option!

Here are the hotels for Canaveral

And Cocoa Beach hotels