Tell Me About Celebrity....

Elaine515

Especially the Century. There are about 15 of us with a total of 8 kids between the ages of 7 - 16. We're more concerned about the kids programs, i.e., are there lots of kids on Celebrity, do they have a separate disco for the older teenagers etc. Will the older one have what to do or will they be totally bored on a Celebrity ship?

Also, if you can, compare Celebrity with Carnival which is the cruise line we have mostly cruised (obviously because of the kids) but we're looking for a change this year...

Thanx for all your help...

Elaine :)

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean

10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean

10/94 Dolphin IV

11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration

11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale

Just for laughs, post this on the Carnival board and see if anyone has tried Celebrity.

Can't help you, though. We're going on Century for the first time in January.

but if you want to know about the wonders of Celebrity, this is definitely the best place to ask.

Celebrity's engines don't blow black, ugly, smelly smoke.

All of Celebrity's non-suite cabins are 172-191 sq ft. I think Carnival's are good sized, too, though.

Celebrity's buffet area is not open 24/7.

Celebrity will not awaken you to give you directives in 5 languages, nor announce bingo, pool contests etc. You have to read the Celebrity Today to figure out where you want to be at what time.

Are you going before or after Century's dry dock? Since we haven't seen the new Century, none of us can speak to how it will be in May.

Celebrity staff will greet you with a glass of champagne.

Celebrity will let you order room service from the dining room menu during dining room hours.

Celebrity's kids clubs are so active that you don't really see kids on the ship, to speak of, anyway.

Hi Elaine -- my brother lived in Boynton Beach and now Lake Worth. Love that area.

One of the people I travelled with on the Connie in march raved about their childrens program. However, I got the feeling it was geared to younger kids, not teens. There was a game arcade, but I don't think there is a separate disco area for teens.

Have you thought about Royal Caribbean? If you're really wanting to focus on the kids...I would think that might be more up their alley. If you do choose Celebrity, I'm sure they'll have fun, nonetheless.

We have been cruising Celebrity since my daughter was 8, she's now 13. She has been on 4 Celebrity cruises & has enjoyed the programs on each cruise. The counselors have always done a nice job of keeping the kids occupied. Usually my daughter will make some friends within the first 2 days and tends to keep active with them, they than pick & choose which activities they want to do. I can't tell you how the programs are on other lines, we stick with Celebrity, I'm quite sure everyone will enjoy the cruise.

Also, if you can, compare Celebrity with Carnival which is the cruise line we have mostly cruised (obviously because of the kids) but we're looking for a change this year...

For some reason, I can`t post on the flinger-board.

We took the Horizon 3 years ago. The food was outstanding as well as the waitstaff. Even during spring-break the pax seemed much older than Carnival.

Our kids found it a bit stuffy. "No where near as fun as Carnival"

Archived