Carnival Hub App

purpldoll6x

Today's update of the Hub app did not add the Liberty to supported ships, so I would say you are likely going to have to cruise without it.

The description of the update this morning indicates that the Liberty was added. It does not show in the list of supported ships but Carnivals website states it will be active on Feb 23. I would download it and see what happens.

He is simply repeating what has been posted previously on Carnival's website, not sure that it only became official when he said it.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

So sorry next time I will not try to aid fellow cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

So I'm curious as to how the Hub App works when you are on board?

It was NOT available on the Valor when we sailed last April. And the last couple of cruises we have taken it's only been me and DH, so no need to use it past the countdown.

However, we are sailing on the Sunshine in April out of Port Canaveral and we have 15 people going. What exactly does it offer? And how does it work? I haven't been able to figure this out.

So I'm curious as to how the Hub App works when you are on board?

It was NOT available on the Valor when we sailed last April. And the last couple of cruises we have taken it's only been me and DH, so no need to use it past the countdown.

However, we are sailing on the Sunshine in April out of Port Canaveral and we have 15 people going. What exactly does it offer? And how does it work? I haven't been able to figure this out.

Food choices, deck plans, folio charges, activities, etc

And for $5, you can add messaging feature for the entire cruise (although in my humble opinion, the other stuff like what I listed above is the true value of using the app). The messaging works so-so.

The description of the update this morning indicates that the Liberty was added. It does not show in the list of supported ships but Carnivals website states it will be active on Feb 23. I would download it and see what happens.

No harm in trying. Not much effort needed anyway.

I have a question for anyone who has used the app. What is the cost? I see places where people said it cost 5 dollars. Others talk about the package they purchased. Is it 5 dollars plus the package? Or 5 dollars per day? Or a 1 times fee of 5 dollars?

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is free unless you want to be able to text people on the cruise. That is a one time change of $5pp. If you want to communicate with people not cruising the packages start at $5/day.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I leave tomorrow and if my friends get it (to text on ship) I will. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Magic 2 weeks ago and used the HUB for the second time. First time was on the Sunshine in Feb of 2016. Works much better and has great features which we used often throughout the day and evening. Yes, you have to carry your phone rather than a piece of paper but who isn't used to carrying their phone wherever they go? Download the free app BEFORE you get on the cruise because you may not get it after boarding. Each person who wants to text has to pay the $5 pp fee but it's definitely worth it, especially when travelling in a group! "Up on the Lido near the pool - port side" or "headed down to breakfast" "meet me in the Showtime Theater 3rd row from the front" etc.

Just off the Magic 2 weeks ago and used the HUB for the second time. First time was on the Sunshine in Feb of 2016. Works much better and has great features which we used often throughout the day and evening. Yes, you have to carry your phone rather than a piece of paper but who isn't used to carrying their phone wherever they go? Download the free app BEFORE you get on the cruise because you may not get it after boarding. Each person who wants to text has to pay the $5 pp fee but it's definitely worth it, especially when travelling in a group! "Up on the Lido near the pool - port side" or "headed down to breakfast" "meet me in the Showtime Theater 3rd row from the front" etc.

I will be traveling with others but need to wait to see if they get it. If so I will because I think it can be useful. We've tried wallow talkies, post-it notes but have to say a good texting situation would be the best

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Used it last week on Triumph for first time. It was great. Traveled with 5 others and we used the messaging feature a lot. Wouldn't want to cruise without it. Could instantly see what food options were available, bar hours, event times, etc. Would be nice if they had MDR menus on it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app