Florida & Port Canaveral Questions

ladyref

Hi Folks

This isn't about the cruise, we were on Epic last October and are excited to book it again for a cruise cruise this December out of Port Canaveral.

My queries are land related. We are planning to fly into Orlando on 18th December and want to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. It seems we could do this trip without a hire car? But what are the best options for transport to hotel and then from hotel to port?

We then disembark on 30th December and don't fly home until the 3rd January. Is it worth staying in Cocoa Beach then or should we head back to Orlando? I would like to do the Space Centre tour but I'm concerned without a hire car we are going to have a nightmare and potentially spend a fortune in cabs...

Any experiences would be great, thank you! :)

• 2 months later...

Orlando has more transportation companies than people who live there : ) I'm sure you will find one.

We use a company called STARTRANS-VIP for any Orlando transfers and transfers to/from the port. They have been great so far. The only problem with this company they get booked up weeks in advance, so you have to make a reservation at least several weeks before your arrival. You can request a quote on their website and see if that fits your budget. Here you can find more info on the airport transportation and here - on transportation to the port.

I can not help with a trip to KSC. I have never traveled there from Cocoa Beach. I would rent a car on your place (go to one of the rental car offices right from the port). Use it for three days and then drive to Orlando. You can return it right at the airport. Search on Google - Rental Car at Port Canaveral

Hi Folks

This isn't about the cruise, we were on Epic last October and are excited to book it again for a cruise cruise this December out of Port Canaveral.

My queries are land related. We are planning to fly into Orlando on 18th December and want to stay at Hard Rock Hotel. It seems we could do this trip without a hire car? But what are the best options for transport to hotel and then from hotel to port?

We then disembark on 30th December and don't fly home until the 3rd January. Is it worth staying in Cocoa Beach then or should we head back to Orlando? I would like to do the Space Centre tour but I'm concerned without a hire car we are going to have a nightmare and potentially spend a fortune in cabs...

Any experiences would be great, thank you! :)

I enjoyed our stay at the coast pre cruise in April. Doing it again next Feb. Rental car companies have shuttles to port. KSC is way out so I think you'd find a tour bus or rental car options are least costly. Launches are easy to watch from the mainland if one is happening while you are there. New Smyrna beach is also close and very nice hotels and has a beautiful national Oceanside park with incredible sand dunes. Not sure about Orlando or if I'd want to be inland. Imho the theme parks are outrageously priced. I'm sure someone can offer options there. I just love seaside!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk