St. Lucia Shore Excursions

DoniaG

Hi all -

Anybody got any feedback on which is better in St. Lucia - Princess catamaran to Soufriere or Adventure Tours to the same spot. I'm leaning toward the former because it looks easy and fun, but don't want to miss anything on my first trip to St. Lucia.

Thanks

Go to the Port of Call section for St. Lucia. There is lots of feedback on what to do. Based on what I had read over a year ago, we book a private tour w/Capt Fred of Leisure Yachts that was awesome!!! From the sounds of a lot of the land tours, people were getting sick because the roads/driving was so bad. We also heard of this on the ship from people that booked these tours. I thought that was interesting. Good Luck.

Sensation 5/96

Monarch of the Seas 4/97

Inspiration 3/01

Voyager of the Seas 3/02

Fantasy 12/02

Radiance of the Seas 3/03

Adventure of the Seas 3/04

Star Princess 2/05

Thanks for the info, giadav. I think that's exactly what I needed to know. I never, ever get seasick, but I can get carsick on a straight, flat road! Your info has made the decision easy!

Donia

PS - Love your taste in avitars!

You sound like me!! I had read thing from people that were cruising during high seas/hurricaine season and never got seasick but got car/bus sick on the tours.

The Capt Fred tour is less expensive if you have a group of people. I was very nervous about doing this, but I posted something on the St. Lucia message board for people to contact me through email if they were interested in joining us. We got 15 people to join us, everyone was so nice and we really had the best time!!!

Sensation 5/96

Monarch of the Seas 4/97

Inspiration 3/01

Voyager of the Seas 3/02

Fantasy 12/02

Radiance of the Seas 3/03

Adventure of the Seas 3/04

Star Princess 2/05

A few years back we took a catamaran from Castries to Soufriere with swimming, snorkeling, dancing and sightseeing along the way. When the Pitons came into view, it was thrilling. It looked like the South Pacific. When we got to Soufriere, we saw the inactive volcano, botanical gardens, waterfall and sulphur baths. We also enjoyed an open air buffet luncheon. It was the perfect day. For the ride back through the rainforest, I just sat in the back on the inside row of the bus and didn't look! In spite of the ride back, it was one of the best port days ever!

Aquarian

Do you remember with whom you booked your tour of St. Lucia? It sounds ideal.

I was one of those people who took the car ride and got violently sick. I even tried to get on the catamaran for the way back to avoid taking the car again. Anything but that again, sounds good!

Archived