Champagne in room

mdempsey78

Hi - If we want to order a bottle of champagne to our room (to celebrate our anniversary) are we stuck with the bottles they have listed in the In-Stateroom Beverages section of the website? These selections seem to be limited to Barefoot (which i really dislike) and much higher end bottles.

Or once onboard, can we order from a larger list that includes more of what's available in the dining room? This seems like something we should be able to arrange, but you never know.

I know we can also bring a bottle with us when we board, but i was planning on bringing a couple of bottles of our favorite red as a backup in case we reach our 15 drink max.

I think you'll be surprised how long it takes to get to 15 on vacation. We did the same thing by bringing a back up of 2 bottles of wine and ended up only drinking one bottle. To answer your question, though, I think the choices are the same-- but I could be wrong. Also if you plan on going to the steakhouse, you get a free bottle of wine on the first night and the first elegant night... I don't think this counts against your 15. Yes, it costs to eat in there-- but it's always our favorite experience together. I cruise with my husband, btw. Happy cruising.. Cheers!

I think you'll be surprised how long it takes to get to 15 on vacation. We did the same thing by bringing a back up of 2 bottles of wine and ended up only drinking one bottle. To answer your question, though, I think the choices are the same-- but I could be wrong. Also if you plan on going to the steakhouse, you get a free bottle of wine on the first night and the first elegant night... I don't think this counts against your 15. Yes, it costs to eat in there-- but it's always our favorite experience together. I cruise with my husband, btw. Happy cruising.. Cheers!

You're probably right...for some reason, I am obsessing about this 15 drink limit thing. We'll definitely hit it on sea days, but between bringing wine on board and getting some beer for the room, I'm sure we'll be fine. I am definitely overthinking it :D

I'll pick up a nice bottle of champs to bring on board, and quit worrying!

Bring a to-go cup and get some ginger ale and ice to add to a cheap red blend-- it makes a helluva tasty day spritzer on sea days. ;) I still bet you don't hit your limit as quick as you think. Especially if you spend time at Alchemy. Yum those drinks are TASTY but stout.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

get some ginger ale and ice to add to a cheap red blend-- it makes a helluva tasty day spritzer on sea days.

Ummmm...how have i never known about this in real life, forget about a cruise!? I love white wine spritzers and i love ginger ale...this sounds amazing!!

Ummmm...how have i never known about this in real life, forget about a cruise!? I love white wine spritzers and i love ginger ale...this sounds amazing!!

It's a real life drink for me, for sure. I always have those two ingredients on hand. :D I prefer the ginger ale 10, it's a little less sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really prefer real Champagne to any domestic sparkling wine, Cava or Prosecco and yes, on board there are limited options. Probably best to bring the bubbly on board with you as it will probably be easier to buy a backup red bottle on board than Champagne. Plus, you'd at least get a 25% discount with the cheers package. Just buy it before you hit 15 drinks:). That said, I've never hit my limit with Cheers...so that's not much of a concern for me.