Pros and Cons of an Aft-Facing Cabin.

Silvery Seas Cruiser

The wake of the ship calls to me. I love rear facing afts. :)

Yup...that says it in a nutshell....the wake of the ship is absolutely mesmerizing....I can sit and watch it forever. We were on Equinox and had some soot but cabin attendants cleaned balcony every day so I can't complain. Only real problem is now that I've had 2 rear facing afts, I don't want anything else!!! :cool:

We get to experience Aft-Facing cabins next week.

4 weeks! The whole way from Buenos Aires through the Panama Canal to Miami. Excited.

You will love aft balcony transiting canal! We did 15 night Canal cruise earlier this month. First cruise ever for us. On Holland. Deck 7. Corner Aft balcony was kept spotless by our stewards - never had soot and they washed down glass doors and balcony glass every day. Corner aft balconies are larger. Plenty of room for our 4 friends to join us in late afternoon for apps & champagne and view the locks as we finished Canal transit. Practically no wind. Very quiet & private.

This ship had aft elevators, but we always walked to forward elevators just for the exercise.

We have 6310 aft booked for 12 night Sydney to Aukland 10/30 on Solstice. Aft cabins were sold out on 17 night Solstice Honolulu to Sydney 10/2 or we would've booked one! Enjoy!!