Chef's Table - Breeze > worth the extra $?

jvp1163

More great feedback - thank you, nancychic & nolaguy8! My sister requested the reservation - we would have a party of 7 adults. Another question - do you have the option to decline if it doesn't work for that day's schedule?

I assume so, I never thought about that. They do call you to confirm with you and if anyone has any allergies.

I just got back from the Magic last Sunday. We did ours Wed- which was Puerto Rico stop- back on ship by 4 pm and waiting to go into galley at 6:15pm.

I absolutely thought it was the best thing ever. And I'm quite the opposite- I LOVED being in the galley, in the middle of things, watching them meticulously prepare every dish was part of the experience of the whole thing.

Start with champagne and appetizers in side kitchen- presentation was breath-taking as was how well-orchestrated the service was form start to finish. Then to the table to be fawned over and captivated for the next three hours- table side magic show included!

Only bring kids (or adults) if they are NOT picky eaters. We had lamb and veal which turned some people off- they were served filet and shrimp at those courses.

We even had cotton candy wrapped katamata olives- it's a foodie dream date.

Got the tour of the galley so wear sensible non-slick shoes. Even got to see how to make the melting cake. Comes with professional photo too and the chef will autograph the photo and menu.

Loved it so much that I signed up for it again on the Breeze April 2nd. Can't wait!

Unfortunately can't get the menu to load. GRR

Hey, what time were you done with it all? We would have our young kids in the kids club and wondering.

Pretty close to 9 pm.

We have attended the Chef's Table on several cruises and we had the kids eat dinner with the camp carnival staff and we were finished each time in time to get the kids before the late "charge" times started. Just tell the staff that is where you will be.

We did it on the Sensation because there was no Steak House, absolutely worth every penny and it was held in the Library after our tour of the galley now with that said we loved the experience, the food and service was exceptional but for us - we could not eat everything that was served it was so much food even for small portions and it lasted close to 3 hours. They did bring in a magician to entertain us half way through the experience and he was great but I could not imagine children regardless of age sitting through all of this.