Bottled Water - what brand and type?

bamelin

You might want to look at a transfer from the airport to the port, with a quick grocery stop. The grocery store is a publix. You can do a search on the type of water they carry, find one that meets your needs and make sure they have it for you. Or, if you're flying in the night before, stay at one of the hotels on 17th St - its an easy walk from several of them.

Given that you are from Toronto, I would guess you are used to a Nestle type springwater? If so, you would want to check Zepheryllis as it is local spring water from florida. You need to be careful as many of their waters are in fact purified drinking (which is obviously quite different)

Lisa

I actually drink a northern Quebec water called Eska. High alkaline. I can substitute Evian but Evian gets pricey.

I suffer from this, too and had no idea that I needed to drink high PH Balanced water [emoji33] maybe that is why I am not getting better after 8 weeks of this nonsense. What brand do you recommend ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Common global brands with a higher alkaline balance includes Evian and San Pellegrino . It's worth researching local brands in your area as you might find something cheaper.

Or is there way to easily test and modify water that you are not sure meets your requirements? Might be something to check with your doctor or pharmacist. Good luck. I also have GERD but have it under control with Nexium or its Generic version.

You can purchase strips that test alkaline balance of the water at health food stores.

On the Regal last week (sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale) I pre-purchased the bottled water package and it was "Niagara Purified Drinking Water." There were also two small bottles and a large bottle of water placed in the cabin if you wished to purchase them (no, thank you!) also Niagara.

Ugh that means it's non spring water (like Desani). Might as well just drink from the ship.

Grateful for this thread.....was not aware of needing a high PH..... will look into this further.

Recently discovered I have 'silent' acid reflux.

On Crown (boarded Buenos Aires) I had the bottle water package. I can't see from the pic what the bottles are!

DSCN1682.jpg

I find alkaline water helps reduce my acidity levels. Combined with a proper diet, minimizing caffeine products and reducing spicey foods.

I've been experimenting eliminating different types of foods as well to see what causes bloating to reduce.