Connecting Rooms

brickhousesm

I've been in three connecting rooms.

On the Victory and the Oasis I was connecting with people I didn't know and on the Disney Magic I was connected with my parents and one of my kids.

On the Victory I could occasionally hear them talking during the day (sounded muffled) and I didn't think it was a big deal, nor did it distract from our enjoyment of the cruise.

On the Oasis (stateroom assigned from a guarantee booking) I could hear our neighbours every time they closed their bathroom door as it was immediately in front of the connecting door. I could also hear every time they ran the shower. I doubt I would have cared much except that they were early risers and got going every day promptly at 6:00 am. I was on a cruise with just my hubby (without my 4 kids) and really wanted to be able to sleep in and get rejuvenated. I ended up going back home more tired than when I left simply because I could never seem to get back to sleep after I was woken up.

I don't recall any noise through the door when we traveled with my parents when we had the doors closed, but for most of the cruise we had the doors propped open.

For the most part I think the noise you would hear would be fairly unobtrusive, but you may want to explore the available cabins to see if you can find one that doesn't connect. Unless I was travelling with the other party, I personally would not choose a connecting cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

On the Glory, my cruise mates had a connecting door and there were older ladies in the other cabin. You could understand every word they were saying and they were talking using normal, inside voices. Thankfully they weren't in their cabin very often. They are 2 very thin hollow wooden doors with zero insulation. I wouldn't be happy in one.

Hi, can I have your opinion on connecting rooms. I just upgraded to an OV but now realize it is a connecting room. Anyone have any issues with this. Should I try to move my cabin?

We've sailed in connecting rooms on Dream. We never heard a peep from the other rooms. We considered the door handle a great place to hang my damp bathing suits. :D We then purposely booked connecting rooms on Breeze and Magic.

On a guarantee booking we got a connecting room with people we did not know on the Valor. The only time we heard them was when we were on the balcony at the same time. And these were 4 person rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for replies. We were given that room and didn't know they were connecting. Cabins that are left now are in the back instead of our mid ship. Will probably take a chance this cruise.

What are your cabin choices aft? I would probably choose one of those over a connecting cabin.

I most definitely would NOT give up my mid-ship room for one in the rear! I've been in cabins with connecting doors and heard not a peep from the other room. I've been in regular rooms where I've heard every peep the other travelers made. So it all just depends.

I hope you have an awesome cruise whatever room you decide to take!:D