Ft. Lauderdale Parking

jojun24

Parking is right across the street from the pier. You can drop off alll your luggage first, keep your carry on stuff and then go and park. Attach luggage tags prior to getting to the port if you have them. If not they will give them to you when your arrive. I think the cost was $10.00 per day and they collect it in advance. Have a great cruise :)

Parking is $12.00. There are at least 2 parking garages. If you are lucky enough to board and return from pier – 2 then you can walk from the garage to the ship. On the other piers like 18 – you will have to drop off your bags – park and take the shuttle buss back.

Questions:

How close is parking to the pier?

Are there shuttle buses?

Can you drop off luggage before parking?

What is the cost per day?

Thanks.:)

Depending upon the length of your cruise, and at $12/day, you might want to destress the whole operation and stay at one of the hotels in the area. A number of them have shuttles that will both take you to the cruise terminal and will let you park in their lot for the duration. From my reading of your original message and the fact that you're sporting an Ohio address, I'm guessing you're driving down.

Arriving the day prior to the cruise, even by auto, can make the first actual ship day very pleasant.

we sailed out of port everglades last month and ( on the recommendaiton of the wonderful folks at CC) parked at Park-n-Fly. Here is the web site:

http://www.pnf.com/ftlauderdale/porteverglades.htm

They are located right off the interstate, they pick you up right at your car, and drop you right in front of the ship. On the return, they were wating outside BEFORE we called, and took us right back to our car.

All of this convenicnce for a mere $7.50 per day. In my opinion, this option is FAR superior to the $12.00 per day parking deck at the terminal.

just my $ .02.

I ask the same question from the local police and received this back:

In order to receive free parking the following conditions must be met.

1: Vehicle must be equipped with Hand Controls

(or)

2: Vehicle must be equipped with a Wheelchair Lift.

3: The vehicle must be displaying a Florida Toll Permit

All other vehicles are required to pay.

Lou

Archived