Playa Mia---ship tour or on own ?

letusgo

Going to Coz on Mariner 12-18 Is it best to take the ship tour to Playa Mia or should the four of us just take a taxi out. If so. any problem renting chairs and water floats when we get there. Heard ship tickets get first dibs. Also, since it is now a tender port, do tours get off the ship first ? Any info appreciated.

You can do it either way. There are usually 2 packages available...the least expensive one gets you entrance and all you can drink. You pay a taxi and food is extra. The more expensive package includes transportation, open bar and buffet. There is no rental fee for the chairs. It is just open seating so to speak...no first dibs for package deal people. And yes, tours people board tenders first.

I emailed Playa Mia about pricing yesterday, and they replied today and basically told me to book through the ship. I was surprised by this, as I assumed they would give me information on their packages prices which I could purchase directly at the beach. We're leaning towards Paradise Beach anyway, but I was a bit put off that my request for pricing went unanswered and they basically just told me to book through Carnival.

We are heading to Playa Mia on our Legend OTS cruise when it calls on Cozumel on 12/8. I think we're going to get our tickets through the cruise line, since it's a great price (for a change), and we can get on one of the first tenders. (This will be very helpful, too, since we booked an independent SNUBA tour first thing in the morning...tee hee)

I emailed Playa Mia about pricing yesterday, and they replied today and basically told me to book through the ship. I was surprised by this, as I assumed they would give me information on their packages prices which I could purchase directly at the beach. We're leaning towards Paradise Beach anyway, but I was a bit put off that my request for pricing went unanswered and they basically just told me to book through Carnival.

Perhaps they don't want to annoy their customer (the cruise line) by offering competing prices. If the cruise line package includes transportation then you can run the numbers and see which place offers the better deal. Taxi for up to 4 is around $12. Water toys at Paradise Beach are $8. Margarita $6.50 and Nachos around $6 as I recall. If you plan on eating and drinking a lot then Playa Mia may be a better deal.

Perhaps they don't want to annoy their customer (the cruise line) by offering competing prices. If the cruise line package includes transportation then you can run the numbers and see which place offers the better deal. Taxi for up to 4 is around $12. Water toys at Paradise Beach are $8. Margarita $6.50 and Nachos around $6 as I recall. If you plan on eating and drinking a lot then Playa Mia may be a better deal.

No, it doesn't include transportation - and in the past Playa Mia has always allowed you to pay at the entrance for admission (with basic admission, open bar, and open bar plus buffet). I checked the cruise excursion cost and they want $75 pp for the package with food and drink - WOW. I just don't see ANY beach being worth $300 for a family of 4! We're doing Sunset Beach in Jamaica for $120 and I think THAT is high! Looks like we will definitely hit Paradise Beach instead.

Archived