Sheltered balcony Deck 5/6 vs full balcony higher up

CU64

NY RT Quebec City, Sept 22, 7 days, QM2☺️😂😜😏

I have read sheltered balcony quite ok for this itinerary as I get balcony for light & fresh air. Worth extra $$ for regular balcony? Please advise. Thank you. Going on bridge cruise.

Barbara

We prefer a sheltered balcony for transatlantic crossings because there's no real view and we appreciate the extra stability. However a higher balcony could be worthwhile for a view on your trip. Only you can decide (Light and air come with both).

Hi,

In November 2014, I had a sheltered balcony on Deck 6 for a transatlantic crossing. I liked this location because it is fairly close to the main public rooms on Decks 2 and 3. Also, it is one deck below Kings Court and the promenade deck. The sheltered balconies are nice for crossings because they provide some protection from bad weather.

In September 2016, I did the seven-day cruise from New York City to Quebec City (in one of the of new outside single staterooms on Deck 2). I greatly enjoyed this itinerary. Personally, I would book a sheltered balcony and apply the money that I saved to shore excursions.

Chuck

Thank you both! I have decided that sheltered is it for me. + I want to try it. I went from Montreal to NY on some Cunard ship yrrrrrs ago and the sea was really rough and frightening 36 hrs.Sounded like the ship would break. It can also be cold. I can still stand up and stick my head out for a clear view + fresh air. How hard is that?

I with the sheltered balcony crowd!!!! With the September booking it is most likely a coin toss. Anything later in the fall/winter we much prefer a sheltered balcony. If the sea/weather gets rough they may close the decks and "regular" balcony doors may be difficult to open because of the wind. With a sheltered balcony one can still open the door, go out and breath some fresh air.