Review of cave-tubing.com 11/8/05

Turnip

My husband and I went cave tubing in Belize on Tuesday 11/8/05. Here is a review of the excursion:

Things we liked:

-When I emailed Yhony he responded immediately that evening and also answered my follow-up questions promptly. This was the first time I booked an independent excursion and I felt comfortable with the process. The meeting place was easy to find.

-Price: only $45, less than half of what the cruise excursion cost!

-Trip: The cave tubing and scenery were wonderful

Things we didn't like:

-Our tendering was very slow to Belize that day and it made us nervous that we might miss the tour. It was good that Yhony gave us a 2 hour time frame to meet rather than a specific time because it put our mind at ease.

-Our tour guide was not Yhony and based on reviews I read here, I don't believe we received the personalized tour everyone raves about. It was just ok, but not great. I was disappointed that we did not go with Yhony and it was not explained to us as to why our group did not go with him. We did not know we weren't going with Yhony until we got to the cave tubing site.

-We were expecting 2 caves, but we only did one cave so the cave tubing went really quickly. We stopped off at a point where people were coming out of a cave and jumped in there. The next day I happened to speak with a couple who did go on a tour with Yhony. It seems as if the group that day was split and some went with Yhony while we and another couple did not. The person who went with Yhony said that they did do 2 caves (they were asked if they wanted to do 2 but we were not asked about that option) and raved that they had a great time.

After reading the boards here we were a little disappointed that we didn't seem to get the personalized service and have the opportunity to do 2 caves that others spoke about. However, we did have a good time and the price was very reasonable.

Archived