Honeymoon

shakey999

Just booked a TA cruise for our Honeymoon in October this year ;p

I was wondering if P&O provide any "extras" because its a honeymoon (not expecting upgrades or credit or anything like that) but just something maybe in the cabin congratulating us?

Anyone had any experiences?

Thanks!

I think in years gone by they did do so, but despite the TA taking details that a cruise last year was for our 25th and we were in a suite (I kind of imagined the Butler might at least get a balloon) there was nothing. Apparently it's not policy to do this anymore. Having said that we dined lots in the Ocean Grill, we had a photo on our anniversary night and when they knew why they wrote 'happy anniversary' on the dessert plate in icing. Maybe others on the board have had a different experience recently but my advice would be not to hold your breath [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think in years gone by they did do so, but despite the TA taking details that a cruise last year was for our 25th and we were in a suite (I kind of imagined the Butler might at least get a balloon) there was nothing. Apparently it's not policy to do this anymore. Having said that we dined lots in the Ocean Grill, we had a photo on our anniversary night and when they knew why they wrote 'happy anniversary' on the dessert plate in icing. Maybe others on the board have had a different experience recently but my advice would be not to hold your breath [emoji6]

Thanks for your reply Florry! Will keep my fingers crossed but wont hold my breath as you say ;)

There seems to be plenty onboard to make it abit special anyway - currently on looking at sample menus for some of the speciality restaurants, my mouth is watering :hearteyes:

Exactly! You will have a fabulous time irrespective of balloons! Which ship are you on? We are on Britannia on 30th Sept for my husbands 50th if it's the same cruise I will put a banner on your door [emoji854]

Exactly! You will have a fabulous time irrespective of balloons! Which ship are you on? We are on Britannia on 30th Sept for my husbands 50th if it's the same cruise I will put a banner on your door [emoji854]

We are on Britannia also but 27th October sailing from Southampton! Awww that's really kind thank you lol!! :D:D:D Have you been on Britannia before?! Where is the ship heading in September?

We did Fjords last year as honeymoon on Britannia (check out or video from links below, first part concentrates on the ship). It maybe down to who you book it with? We booked directly when onboard another cruise and mentioned it, but we didn't get any special treatment. But sometimes if you go via a travel agent they may arrange something for you. You will have a fab time!

We are on Britannia also but 27th October sailing from Southampton! Awww that's really kind thank you lol!! :D:D:D Have you been on Britannia before?! Where is the ship heading in September?

We disembark 13th Oct and are going to the canaries. We have been on Britannia and we really liked her, the theatre shows had some special effects so it set them aside from other ships. We loved the dining venues and the options such as the limelight club. I love the hydropool area too, especially the water beds but it is a bit over priced. The cabins are modern with a films package on the TV and she is the only ship where the buffet went the extra mile to help with my food allergy. The only downside for me was the small balcony and I did find the bathrooms a bit of a squash, but the plus pints outweighed that. There are videos on You Tube if you haven't seen them. Have a great time, I am sure you will love it!

We had our Honeymoon on Azura 15 months ago, we didn't get anything. We booked through Thomson and they said they had a special relationship with someone at P&O and they'd have a word.....still nothing.

but I was fine with that, don't really like fuss :)

Hope yours will be as amazing as ours was and good luck!