updates on snorkeling at Cozumel?

astros fan

Eagle Ray Divers is operating. Shore snorkeling, because of the shallow depth, will be spotty for a while. But, I've heard the reefs that are accessible by boat are looking pretty good. http://www.eagleraydivers.com
And the southern reefs are in better condition for snorkeling. You would want trip that goes to Palancar reef.

Can anyone supply some names of tours that will have boat snorkeling?

Here are a few:

http://www.eagleraydivers.com also does snorkel trips, you want the 3 reef tour

Travelnotes.cc has 2 listed

blue angel scuba offers a combo dive/snorkel trip, listed in their trips section

Mistic Snorkel tour

I haven't used any of these operations, so I'm not recommending one over another.

Bring the right attitude and you'll have a great time.

Does anyone have any info on the snorkel trips that leave from Palancar Beach or that area? I guess if you leave from there, it takes a lot less time to get to the reef. But I don't want to take a chance and go with a company I don't know anything about. Any way to research any of them or get recommendations?

Does anyone have any info on the snorkel trips that leave from Palancar Beach or that area?

I think this is their website: http://www.daliladivers.com/snorkel-trips.htm

When are you going to be in Cozumel? If I'm there before you are, I'll check on this as I'm sure we'll be going to Playa Palancar as some point during the week.

Bruce-r,

We will be going on the 1/9 sailing of Grandeur. If you wouldn't mind check them out I would be most appreciated, but please do not go out of your way as this is your vacation. But if you do;) should I look on this board for any thing you find? It is sad that the last time we were in Cozumel for a land only vacation we did some of the best snorkeling right off the beach. It really was amazing. But that will not stop us from enjoying an island that we just love. We will just have to do the things we enjoyed a little differently. Thanks!

We're headed this way 11.27. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the dive will be as good as it was last year. It was really incredible.

We've used Eagle Ray before and rebooked a two reef dive with them this year.

I love this dive group. They are nothing but kind and responsible. We had the very best time with them last year. They are extra careful with you if you've never snorkeled before so don't feel apprehensive about this if you're inexperienced.

We had such a great time, I am bringing my sister in law and her husband back with us who have never snorkeled before. They've been talking about this dive for a year and can't wait!

I do not have any experience with the other dive groups but I can suggest Eagle Ray with no hesitation.

I just booked...well attempted to book this as well.

How long did it take for them to get back to you?

It depends. Right now due to the devestation of the hurricanes, things are a little dicier than usual. I understand that internet access is spotty. You can call her if you like, rather than wait on an email. I emailed her the other day regarding water temps and have not heard back yet but I am not worried. I am scheduled for a 12/2 trip with them. She's always gotten back in touch with me just as soon as she could.

I just booked...well attempted to book this as well.

How long did it take for them to get back to you?

It depends. Right now due to the devestation of the hurricanes, things are a little dicier than usual. I understand that internet access is spotty. You can call her if you like, rather than wait on an email. I emailed her the other day regarding water temps and have not heard back yet but I am not worried. I am scheduled for a 12/2 trip with them. She's always gotten back in touch with me just as soon as she could.

We Have A Snorkel Trip We Booked Several Months Ago.maria Del Mar Snorkeling Through Cozumel Cruise Excursions,(island Marketing). It's Suppose To End At 5:00. I'm Very Concerned About Getting Back To The Pier And Being Tendered Back In Time To Leave At 6:00. I Don,t Want To Run Onboard At Five Til 6:00.

At One Of Their Web Sites If We Cancel This Excursion In Less Than 2 Weeks, We Must Pay Full Price.at Another Web Site,(same Excursion,) We Have 24hrs. To Cancel.

Does Anyone Have Any Experience With This?

Tinsel57, We Are On The Same Cruise....11-27-05 Rhapsody.

I believe all Cozumel excursions will adjust their schedules to accommodate the tendering situation.

I wouldn't worry too much about it but if I were you, I'd call them, not email but call. Tell them what you've read, that one says 2 weeks, one says 24 hours and of your concern on the tendering situation. I am sure they will set your mind at ease.

Same ship and both snorkeling!!:::?? What is it they say, Great Minds Think Alike! :) Enjoy and see you on board!

I have the 3 reef booked with Eagle Ray for 1/9. My question is we were supposed to be there from 7am - Midnight and now it's been cut to 6pm. Do we have enough time to tender in do the 6 hour trip and do any shopping? We've never been to Cozumel and although we really want to have a wonderful snorkel trip, don't want that to be the only thing we see in Cozumel. Chellie wants to start our tour at 10am local and get us back about 4pm which only gives us and hour to get on the last tender - OR - we can switch to a 2 reef and be back at 2pm:confused: I was really looking forward to the 3 reef but should we just do 2? And if we do just the 2 is 2 hours enough to shop around? I know I have a lot of questions!

LOL! I don't mind questions.

One of the reason we only do the two reef tour here is so we can do other things. The other thing is that is you are not a physically active person, or if you're not already 'sun' exposed, you're going to get tired and or sunburnt in the water.

Now I have not been there since the hurricane swept through but prior to that there were tons of shops and bars etc, right at the dock to give you loads of shopping opportunities. I assume they're a little higher than what you'd pay if you shopped in land a bit but I don't actually know. We only get the usual junk, t-shirts, hats, frames, that sort of thing to bring home to the kids.

I think you'll have plenty of time to do a three reef but it is going to limit your shopping.

You can do what I did.

Book the two reef than book another cruise to come back next year!! :)

Archived