Ecstasy Hair Dryers? Robes? Slippers? Conditioner? Ice Bucket?

Medtech2

We normally cruise NCL, where I have requested hair conditioner and slippers from the steward and always received them. Dryers were in every cabin, as was a little "fridge." I see that the Ecstasy does not have any of these listed as amenities. Will the steward bring them or do I have to pack my own?

Any other tips on this ship? I really don't see much about it. I know most cruisers out of Charleston are newbies and the Fantasy, and now the Ecstasy are the oldest and smallest in CCL's fleet. We picked it only because we live here and wanted a less expensive getaway that did not require flying or driving.

I seem to remember there was an "All Things Fantasy" thread which I found when I cruised her a few years ago. Any similar Ecstasy thread?

Can only comment on balcony cabins - on Carnival you will get a minibar fridge and hair dryer. If you ask, your steward will get you ice and robes. I believe on suites and spa cabins the robes will already be there.

We normally cruise NCL, where I have requested hair conditioner and slippers from the steward and always received them. Dryers were in every cabin, as was a little "fridge." I see that the Ecstasy does not have any of these listed as amenities. Will the steward bring them or do I have to pack my own?

Any other tips on this ship? I really don't see much about it. I know most cruisers out of Charleston are newbies and the Fantasy, and now the Ecstasy are the oldest and smallest in CCL's fleet. We picked it only because we live here and wanted a less expensive getaway that did not require flying or driving.

I seem to remember there was an "All Things Fantasy" thread which I found when I cruised her a few years ago. Any similar Ecstasy thread?

Ecstasy is a younger sister to the Fantasy.

Suites will have fridges, hair dryers and bathrobes.

Other cabins you'll have robes, need to ask for a very underpowered hair dryer. No fridges, but they will keep you stocked with ice.

No conditioner is provided but the water is very soft.

Because we anticipated our cabin on the Ecstasy would not have a fridge when we cruised last October, we bought a cooler with a hard liner and carried it onto the ship with us, along with some cans of soda. We asked our cabin steward to fill it up with ice every day, and he did so without fail. Because of the hard liner, it did not leak when the ice melted, and the ice stayed for a fairly long time since it was inside of a cooler. Before we left our cabin each day, we'd simply empty the ice/water into the shower so that our cabin steward would just have to refill it. We were able to keep our sodas and water ice cold throughout the cruise without any issues!

Actually, the shampoo that Carnival provides has conditioner in it. It's why I can't use it. My hair gets two oily if I use any kind of shampoo/conditioner combo. I have to be able to shampoo after conditioning. So I have to bring my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

last spring we were in a suite and there was no mini fridge. Wasn't a huge deal for us, if we needed ice we would just ask for it. Since we bought the drink package, there wasn't much need to keep anything cold in our room.