Concierge vs Butler

jleck

My husband and I (and his kids) are booked in a AF mini-suite on the NCL Dawn. I've been reading these posts and would like a bit more clarification on the level of service a conceirge will provide. Is it just like a conceirge in a hotel or will the service be more personalized...or does the personalized service come with a butler ...and "real" suite? Any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Can't speak for NCL but we have had a Butler on Celebrity and Concierge on RCCL. The Concierge had a private lounge with "free" cocktails every night for a few hours, and was able to secure reservations in the speciality resturant when we were unable to do so on our own, he also had priority tender tickets, daily menus, schedules and news papers. The lounge had a continental breakfast and afternoon munchies. As for the butler service all we really got was afternoon snacks and not much else.

The concierge on a ship works just like the hotel. It's the butler who provides the in cabin services. You don't find the concierge in passenger's cabins, but in an office usually on the deck with the most expensive suites.

My husband and I (and his kids) are booked in a AF mini-suite on the NCL Dawn. I've been reading these posts and would like a bit more clarification on the level of service a conceirge will provide. Is it just like a conceirge in a hotel or will the service be more personalized...or does the personalized service come with a butler ...and "real" suite? Any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Your concierge on NCL (for an AF suite) will arrange dinner reservations for you and get you VIP tendering tickets if necessary for the ports you are going to which may have tenders. There will also be,possibly,an early disembarkation, if needed.

Denise

Archived