Please help us choose

We are looking at booking a cruise for this summer. We are trying to watch our budget this year and have narrowed it down to 3, 2 Carnival cruises and 1 NCL. We sailed on the NCL Getaway last summer, which was our first with Norwegian and we loved it!

NCL Breakaway out of New York with three days in Bermuda. I would love to go to Bermuda, but this is the most expensive at $3234. However, we have a $250 future cruise credit, so it would only be $2984 and has a $60 onboard credit. Still quite a bit more, but does include free drinks and 3 free specialty restaurants. We love their freestyle cruising, the ship we were on last summer was beautiful and service was fantastic! We aren't big drinkers though, so we aren't sure if we want to spend the extra money and I'm losing my balcony, as they were too expensive so this is an oceanview.

Carnival Dream out of New Orleans (Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel). I would love to visit LFK this time, as I found out about it after I booked something else last time. Last summer when we were in Belize we decided to stay on the ship, something we had never done before, so this time I would get off and we love Cozumel...I'm a beach girl! Cove balcony for $1956 and a $50 credit. I've never had a Cove balcony so I'm not sure if I would like it or not, but certainly willing to try it. Best bargain! I thought I recalled reading this ship was crowded though and we don't like crowded. We prefer spending our time in quiet, adult only areas.

Carnival Glory out of Miami (Same itinerary except we also go to Grand Cayman) Lido balcony, which I have always wanted to try. $2274 At this point it almost seems silly not to pay the extra for the Breakaway since we get the 2 freebies...apx $700 difference for 3 free specialty restaurants and free drinks for 2 people, although I don't think we would spend that much on food and drink on this cruise.

We are looking at booking a cruise for this summer. We are trying to watch our budget this year and have narrowed it down to 3, 2 Carnival cruises and 1 NCL. We sailed on the NCL Getaway last summer, which was our first with Norwegian and we loved it!

NCL Breakaway out of New York with three days in Bermuda. I would love to go to Bermuda, but this is the most expensive at $3234. However, we have a $250 future cruise credit, so it would only be $2984 and has a $60 onboard credit. Still quite a bit more, but does include free drinks and 3 free specialty restaurants. We love their freestyle cruising, the ship we were on last summer was beautiful and service was fantastic! We aren't big drinkers though, so we aren't sure if we want to spend the extra money and I'm losing my balcony, as they were too expensive so this is an oceanview.

Carnival Dream out of New Orleans (Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel). I would love to visit LFK this time, as I found out about it after I booked something else last time. Last summer when we were in Belize we decided to stay on the ship, something we had never done before, so this time I would get off and we love Cozumel...I'm a beach girl! Cove balcony for $1956 and a $50 credit. I've never had a Cove balcony so I'm not sure if I would like it or not, but certainly willing to try it. Best bargain! I thought I recalled reading this ship was crowded though and we don't like crowded. We prefer spending our time in quiet, adult only areas.

Carnival Glory out of Miami (Same itinerary except we also go to Grand Cayman) Lido balcony, which I have always wanted to try. $2274 At this point it almost seems silly not to pay the extra for the Breakaway since we get the 2 freebies...apx $700 difference for 3 free specialty restaurants and free drinks for 2 people, although I don't think we would spend that much on food and drink on this cruise.

Have you consider the Dawn out of Boston same itineary to bermuda but friday to friday

Other than the ports what do you look forward to doing on a cruise? Fr instance we enjoy the night life on Breakaway. Fat Cats and Howl at the moon.

We love everything about it! I love lounging by the pool during the day, or on the Getaway we stayed in the Vibe all the time. I enjoy the ports, entertainment, especially the comedians.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love everything about it! I love lounging by the pool during the day, or on the Getaway we stayed in the Vibe all the time. I enjoy the ports, entertainment, especially the comedians.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then I would pick Breakaway. And lounging by the pool the drinks don't need to contain alcohol. (although mine do). Lots of virgin drinks to cool off. I too want to do that itinerary but I spend my summers on the road. Hope you post a review.

Then I would pick Breakaway. And lounging by the pool the drinks don't need to contain alcohol. (although mine do). Lots of virgin drinks to cool off. I too want to do that itinerary but I spend my summers on the road. Hope you post a review.

We ended up going with the Dream since it was the cheapest, we like the itinerary and we've never been to New Orleans. And did I mention it was the cheapest? lol We had some unexpected expenses this year so we are trying to stick to a cheap budget this year.

so said everyone else,,LOL:champagne-toast:

We really aren't big drinkers and usually only have maybe a $200 bar tab. We drank a lot more last summer because everything was free and I bet I barely covered the "choice beverage service charge". Our alcoholic beverage of choice is a good red wine, which is not included in the package. We will bring our 1 bottle a piece and hit the steakhouse the first night for half price bottles of good wine, buy a few frozen cocktails and use the few hundred dollars we save on shore excursions. Maybe we'll do the Breakaway next summer and bring our son with us, he will be 21 by then.

My wife also a NC School teacher are traveling on Escape this summer. Granted Miami is a longer drive then NYC but reading the questions about parking and boarding in NYC, Miami might be well worth the longer drive. Doing the Western Caribbean in July.

We ended up going with the Dream since it was the cheapest, we like the itinerary and we've never been to New Orleans. And did I mention it was the cheapest? lol We had some unexpected expenses this year so we are trying to stick to a cheap budget this year.

We really aren't big drinkers and usually only have maybe a $200 bar tab. We drank a lot more last summer because everything was free and I bet I barely covered the "choice beverage service charge". Our alcoholic beverage of choice is a good red wine, which is not included in the package. We will bring our 1 bottle a piece and hit the steakhouse the first night for half price bottles of good wine, buy a few frozen cocktails and use the few hundred dollars we save on shore excursions. Maybe we'll do the Breakaway next summer and bring our son with us, he will be 21 by then.

I would love to sail out of NO also. Some day. We have 2 weeks off from school in March but hubby runs a special program at the school the first week. Until he gives that up we are limited to one week so NY is best for us. Wish we had better ports though.