Nassau activity

macafech

If you want non-water activities the chocolate making was a blast for all ages. We also enjoyed the butterfly garden and the botanical garden that that have the flamingo show. But the graycliff chocolatier factory was by far my favorite. You go home with lots of goodies. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done the dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon in the past, which was excellent. Any time since then, we just stay on the ship.

Do you know if they let people come if they didn't buy the tix? We are a family of six and only three wants to experience it and I didn't want to leave the other kids behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't do a dolphin swim...let's get up to date guys...anyone seen the Cove?

Anywho, we had fun going to a resort and just chillin on the beach. You buy a day pass once you're there (Melia Hotel).

Many dolphin places charge a separate, lower fee for people who just want to watch, but you'd have to book privately to get this.

If you just want a beach day, there are plenty of low or no cost beaches where you can rent whatever you want (floats, chairs, etc.) Cable Beach and Cabbage Beach are the closest that I'm aware of. Or enjoy the ship while it is half empty. Nassau is not a "high on my list" port!

we've done a few things in nassau, but the only one worth getting off the ship in my opinion is the blue lagoon dolphin swim..

we really loved it and thought it was very well run (one of the best dolphin swims we've ever done in fact)...

for those who can't swim, they also have a dolphin encounter, which i understand is also very well done..

you can find youtube videos of both the dolphin swim and encounter..

i believe if you don't want to do either, you can pay to just go by boat to blue lagoon island - i'm not familiar with that option at all, but i think it exists... (you get to blue lagoon by boat)..

that being said, on our next visit to nassau (on the Dream this coming august), we will stay on board the ship...

We have never booked anything through the ship, but have went to Cabbage Beach via taxi and just walked around as well. This time around I think we are going to check out Junkanoo beach since its walking distance. That way we can see something new, and if we hate it we can get back to the ship in plenty of time to enjoy the rest of the day.