Constellation S. Caribbean - Ship time?

Schplinky

Oh dear. We finally have explained to our baffled friends why they wouldn't change time in each port (the ship time remains the port of departure on RCL) and now we learn X does it differently.

I may need to reduce my "watch wardrobe" to one day watch, so I don't put on one with the wrong port's time later in the week.

Texed, if your countdown is correct, then i hope you have a wonderful cruise on Century.

Yep, it is correct. Thanks for the send off. I guess we will get to go dodge Tropical Storms. :)

I may need to reduce my "watch wardrobe" to one day watch, so I don't put on one with the wrong port's time later in the week.

Just curious, what do you usually bring? I am a watch collector so I usually bring a couple of my curios just for the opportunity of wearing them.

Just curious, what do you usually bring? I am a watch collector so I usually bring a couple of my curios just for the opportunity of wearing them.

I bring a cheap day watch (like a mickey Mouse watch) and a sports watch for while in port. I wear an Ironman by Timex which used to allow me to time intervals of successive 10 and one minute durations when I ran marathons. In port, I use it primarily for its timer and alarm, which reminds me that its time to pack up and head back to the ship.

Onboard, I might wear the Ironman if I'm not wanting to miss an event but I am more likely to wear the Mickey Mouse in the daytime and then a dressier watch for dinner. My favouirte is one that my partner brought from London and it's a rectangular silver face, with a black leather band. I also like a gold watch with a brown leather band. Most of my watches are of sentimental value and are not very expensive. I likely would not bring an expensive watch onboard, anyway. Also forbidden are swatch waches, which Michael says are too loud for the cramped confines of a cruise cabin.

On our Freedom cruise next fall, I may buy a nicer watch to celebrate a milestone age (which the cruise is also meant to celebrate).

For the upcoming S. Caribbean cruises starting Nov. 19th, you shouldn't be changing time zones.

In fact, I think that yesterday was the last time change for the ship. NJ is an hour behind (what the Constellation's clock will be) as most places (possibly all?) in the Caribbean do not observe DST. Therefore when the clocks changed last month, we went from being the same time to an hour ahead. Since the ship is no longer leaving out of Bayonne, it observed its last time change this cruise.

You can always check what time it is on the ship by visiting the Celebrity at Sea homepage and viewing The Constellation's webcams.

Direct link here.

Archived